Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X/A/D/Y/WTF plans???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 01:42 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: X/A/D/Y/WTF plans???

So you're saying that the listed MSRPs are accurate, but the listed invoices are higher than they really are? I'm not even talking about the holdback, just the listed invoice. Edmund's and Cars.com were really closewhen I looked up the invoice from the V6 deluxe I was thinking about buying, dealer's sheet showed about $50 lower. I'll call your contact that you gave me in a little bit, and ask him for the X plan price for one of the cars, and see how that jives with the listed invoice. I'll let you know as soon as I get the goods. Also, we'll see about S&H to my zip, that's important as well!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:00 PM
CASHY

OK, HERE IS THE SCOOP

We have 3 here. The 2 with manual trans have interior upgrade, anti-theft, and sirius sat. The automatic has interior upgrade, anti-theft, wheel locks, sirius, heated seats and shaker 1000.

X-plan on manual = $28,623.07+ $8390 shelby + tax,title, plates - $1,000 rebate
X-plan on auto = $30,477.48 + $8390 shelby + tax,title, plates - $1,000 rebate

Invoice is $28,662.72 on manual and $30,524.58 on auto

CALL KEVIN KOSHKARIAN AT 313-255-3100 X204 or 1-800-737-0232
Old 10-11-2007, 02:10 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

KEVIN!!!!!![sm=badbadbad.gif]What's the shipping quote to 72118? Also, can you PM me regarding any torch, vista, white, or black cars, GT or V6, that have the SAB, ABS/TC, and comfort group please? I'm dyin' over here!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:18 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

I gotta run out real quick, when I get back, I'll call 'cage's contact, and let everyone know the deal. Oh, just got a call from one of the local dealers I stopped messing with a few weeks back. Suddenly, really helpful... I wonder if he's trolling on this forum???[8D]
Old 10-11-2007, 04:40 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

I just tried to call 'cage's contact, and he said he'd need to call me back tomorrow, because he's in a meeting right now. Heard lots of background noise, so I'm sure that wasn't the "I'm going home!" excuse...[&:]I found a GT Deluxe out in GA with the Upfitter's package as the ONLY option, which shows MSRP $28,580/ Invoice $26,323. That's including dest. fee, for all you non believers.Anyway, if you take that invoice, and add the Shelby package price of $8390, that comes out to $34,713. Going by what's been discussed here, the X-plan price should be lower than that, and A-plan would be, for sure. I'm not lucky enough to have any relatives working for Ford[:@], so the X-plan would be my only option, I think. Problem is, that the listed invoices are lower than the X-plan prices, so getting any car at invoice, minus rebates, seems to be the way to go. When I speak with 'cage's connection again, I'll verify whether or not this is accurate, and let everybody know. Also, good lookin' out to Cashy, he's said he looked all over MI for a car with the Comf.Grp and SAB, one left. In the whole state?!?!?! What about stretching that dragnet a lil' bit?MI covered, TX soon to be, need to look east of AR now... Or get someone to look as far out as humanly possible!!![8D]
Old 10-11-2007, 05:07 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

I forgot something before. Invoices can vary, depending on the build dates of the cars! That explains why some that are configured the exact same way, have different sticker prices, and that also explains why there were the two different automatic transmission discounts of $645 and $995, respectively. Cashy still hasn't told me if they're still honoring this, and just not publicly advertising it again yet...[&:]
Old 10-11-2007, 09:45 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Got back from "that" dealer a little while ago... Like getting your teeth pulled w/o anesthesia! Took forever for them to narrow down a few cars, then the standard line that those were "the only ones out there!" that fit what I was looking for. Of course, according to them, they're all super far away, but check this out... They wanted to take all the rebate money away in order to get them! That's right, apparently, it costs $2500-$3000 to bring a car from NY to AR. Nevermind that fact that the car probably isn't even there... Then, they had the nerve to tell me that I couldn't arrange my own shipping, and that they had to send their guys to pick up the cars! I really hope I can get better service from the folks I've been referred to on this forum, because these dealers are really starting to suck the fun out of getting this done.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:18 AM
CASHY

We as a dealer will go travel about 5 hours away to get a vehicle for someone. Any further than that it just costs too much money. We don't charge the customer to get the car to our dealer though. If you want the vehicle to be shipped to you from here, that is something you would have to arrange and pay for.

Kevin Koshkarian
Pat Milliken Ford
313-255-3100 x204
kkosh@patmillikenford.com
Old 10-12-2007, 05:25 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

I put a request on blueovalnews.com for an X plan pin yesterday, no response yet...[]They have a little factoid on there that's pretty intersting. It stated that if every Ford employee helped sell at least one vehicle(i.e. giving out at least one X plan pin), it would boost sales by over 350,000 cars a year! That's an eye opener, for sure. Take that number, and multiply it by whatever the annualpin allotment limit is, and I'm sure that's going to be at least 750,000 cars, probably more. Think where that would put FoMoCo in terms of overall sales. Why then, don't more of the employees, especially on the dealership level, take this approach??? It guarantees them sales, and helps the American economy, and their job security along with it. It would be a crying shame if the downfall of an American institution came about as a result of it's own workers not doing enough to protect it...[>:]
Old 10-12-2007, 07:39 PM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gtucker4

Got back from "that" dealer a little while ago... Like getting your teeth pulled w/o anesthesia! Took forever for them to narrow down a few cars, then the standard line that those were "the only ones out there!" that fit what I was looking for. Of course, according to them, they're all super far away, but check this out... They wanted to take all the rebate money away in order to get them! That's right, apparently, it costs $2500-$3000 to bring a car from NY to AR. Nevermind that fact that the car probably isn't even there... Then, they had the nerve to tell me that I couldn't arrange my own shipping, and that they had to send their guys to pick up the cars! I really hope I can get better service from the folks I've been referred to on this forum, because these dealers are really starting to suck the fun out of getting this done.
Were they going to fly the car first class?!

Just before I quit selling cars, I had a customer in southern California that wanted a very specific option combo on a King Ranch F250 - there were only two in the country (keep in mind, I was in Houston). One was in northern CA. We did all the paperwork via FedEx, and I had the car shipped from the dealer in N.Cali to his driveway - he was one happy camper (and it was still only a few hundred over invoice).

Quick Reply: X/A/D/Y/WTF plans???