Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bird Crap

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Default Bird Crap

[:@][:@][:@]So there was this big chunk of bird crap on the roof of my car, it may have been on there for a day or so because i didnt notice it, then i washed the whole car and now theres a stain where it was[:'(]What can i do to get it off or make it less visible??
Old 10-11-2007, 08:03 AM
NamelessLiar
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Bird Crap

clay bar should do the trick....
Old 10-11-2007, 08:55 AM
tjs2906
1st Gear Member

If the clay doesn't work, you could Lightly sand with 2000 grit sandpaper (Lightly) and buff it back out to a shine. I'm a painter so I don't have any problem doing this, but for the weak of heart this probably isn't the best option...... I had a big stain on my hood that clay wouldn't take out (seagul poop), that's how I took care of it.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:24 AM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

Any type of auto compound (Mother's, Meguiar's, etc...), then polish and wax. It'll never be seen again.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:39 AM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

This may be the perfect excuse to polish your car! I have a Porter Cable orbital buffer, easy to use. You won't believe how much better your car will look.
But if you don't want to go 'all the way', then you can just get some polish and just target the specific area. I think that Obsessive Detail is a sponsor of the site, and they seem to have some good stuff. You can find out more in the Detailing Section.

Damn birds [:@]. I carry a bottle of Quick Detailer and Micro-fiber cloths in my trunk. I check my car whenever I get into it, and if I find a spot of poop -- eradicate it then and there. With a black car you have to be on top of these things 24/7...
Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

I have a Porter Cable orbital and I am too scared to use it...I have no experience with them and afraid I will mess up the finish
Old 10-11-2007, 12:13 PM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

I had one crap on my arm the other day when i was bbqing. It came off with a moist towelette.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Just for that 1 spot I'd hit it lightly witha cleaner wax IF you have some, then hit it with your straight wax. I had staining from windshield washer solvent bubbling out of the spray tubes on the hood. That did the trick for me.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:19 PM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

Don't worry about it -- start off on a small section (say on the trunk) and do a test.
I was afraid the first time, but decided to suck it up and do it. Best decision I made -- the car was swirled to hell on the dealership. Heck, the car was only in my possession for a week and is black!

Just take your time to mask off the car. Everywhere there's trim of course, but also around edges in the doors and the trunk lid, hood lid, antenna, windshield squirters, etc... The prep work -- like most things of this nature is the part you want to get right. Otherwise, start with a mild polishing compound and let the machine do most of the work. It's almost impossible to screw up your finish.

Let me know if you need more info! Once you do it -- prepare for lots of compliments. Especially on the darker colors, people are used to swirly finish. When they see mine, they say my car almost glows. It's been about 5 months since I did it the first time, next month I am ready to go at it again.

ORIGINAL: DeStonn

I have a Porter Cable orbital and I am too scared to use it...I have no experience with them and afraid I will mess up the finish
Old 10-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I have to say that I don't remember a bird ever ****ing on my stang... lucky me I guess... But I have a lot of bees that try to pollunate on my stang... lol. Wonder why To answer your question -- any Auto compound or wax should work

Quick Reply: Bird Crap