Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyers Remorse

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 12:46 AM
bassinbc

Default RE: Buyers Remorse

Got mine 12-28-04 and have 2100 miles on it. No regrets and no problems. The ones that have problems seem to be more likely to post. The vast majority of people are thrilled to death with the 05. What a car it is. If you can afford one get it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11926/054B31B60E94487E8B955971996EDFC1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-24-2005, 01:39 AM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i have had mine since the middle of november and already have over 7,000 miles on it...seems like i never get out of the car (but that is perfectly ok with me). The only thing that i have noticed is that sometimes during cold weather, something (possibly transimission) does a slight clang off and on for a few seconds and then quits. I only noticed it for a little while; now it is starting to warm up and it isnt doing it anymore...Who know???

But regrets.........are you kidding me? I had a '96 trans-am that was nothing but problems, seemed like it spent more time in the shop than in my driveway. the only reason i bought that car was b/c the mustangs of that era were just too slow. as for now, i would never go back to another GM product
Old 02-24-2005, 05:45 AM
Mustangdude75

No remorse here , loving my 05 GT

Sonic Blue
Magnaflow Exhaust
Sirius Satellite radio
Aftermarket 1,800 Watt sound System with 1,100 RMS
Chrome Bullit Wheels
5% window Tint Limo Black

Old 02-24-2005, 08:39 AM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

I just took a look at my passanger seat and it looks as if the leather is pulling away from the seat in one of the corners. The rest of the seats look pulled tight but this one doesnt look right.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

My shaker doesn't skip that much; hardly ever and I agree with Earl, however I have done 110 mph before but that was just up a hill making a pass. S W E E T.........................!
Old 02-24-2005, 11:08 AM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

Just trying to inject some perspective here.

Before some yahoo hit my RX8 in a Dodge Ram, I was very pleased with my RX8. I bought it in July '03.....one of the first ones off the boat. Don't know how many of you guys heard of the issues, but the first one was Mazda understated the HP by about 9 ponies. Some of us think they understated it more than that but they are next to impossible to dyno. Mazda offered to either buy it back from me, or offer $500 + free maintenance for the warranty term (4years/50K miles). I chose the $$ and maintenance because I loved the car so much. Then, we found out RX8s are prone to not start because of flooding issues if you shut down the car before it's fully warmed up. They can't be restarted and it requires a tow to the dealer. No problem, just make sure it's warm before shut down. Then, there's an issue of it using about a quart of oil about every 2K-3K miles. That's OK....that is by design with a rotary engine. Not to mention it's supposed to get 18 MPG in the city/24 MPG highway. Those numbers are more like 13 MPG city/17 MPG highway with PREMIUM gas.

Long and short if it, with all the issues, the car was still a blast to drive and well worth the price I paid.

My replacement is an ordered (not received) Mustang GT.

If you want some horror stories, look up the issues with the 350Z/G35c. Apparently, Nissan made a critical mistake in designing the suspension (with no apparent fix). Those cars are going through a set of tires every 10K miles, or so.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:10 AM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

Shoot if Ford offered to buy my car back I would gladly give them the POS.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:30 PM
lexigirl

No. None. Nada. [sm=signs006.gif] This is the coolest car on my planet. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.[sm=loveeyes.gif] It's comfortable, easy to drive, it looks hot, didn't break my budget, and it FAST. Doesn't get any better than that!
Old 02-24-2005, 08:34 PM
lexigirl

Oh, and graphicguy--I've coveted the 350z's since they came out (owned an 81 280zx back in the olden days) but didn't buy one 'cause for someone my size (small), the visibility was crap. Plus, no back seat. Glad I didn't give into temptation! Especially 'cause now I have my Stang!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:08 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

lexigirl....you made a wise choice.

A 350Z pales in comparison to a Mustang GT (and even a GTO). THe interior of the Mustang is better. It has better seats. The Mustang GT even outperforms the 350Z (and, it's more expensive sister, the G35c).

The 350Z doesn't shift as well, either. Sitting in one made me feel like I was in a bathtub.

Even at MSRP, the Mustang GT is a way better buy than the Z, which will cost substantially more when equipped the same way.

Long and short of it, the Mustang is going to send a lot of these higher priced sports cars back to the drawing board.

Quick Reply: Buyers Remorse