Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you pay for my car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:17 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What would you pay for my car?

Sorry man don't take this to hartbut you couldn't get me to touch the car.. way too much stuff has been done and the owner is a young person that may have beat the tar out of the car.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:30 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

$25k Tops, that's with the right person, most people won't touch a late model car with all those mods.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:15 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

if you price it over $30,000 it won't sell. i'd say $24,900 would be a great starting price. i'd buy it for that :-D

the reason it's a hard sell is because it's so modded and there's no warranty. VERY few people will even consider buying a car like that. so, unfortunately, you will lose a LOT of money if you sell...
+1....take off the mods that you are able to, and sell seperately
Old 10-15-2007, 03:20 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

You could throw a body kit on it and call it some kinda 'special edition'...that would get some more cash outta of it
Old 10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

he cant return to stock... he's got a totaly forged bottom end with a new block.... he'd have to get a new motor all over again.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:27 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Noone will pay over 25K. You modded it and that doesn't matter, If it had the cervanis kit you'd get it but your car looks stock and there ain't much else. You know, if you body kit it you'd prolly be in business
Old 10-15-2007, 03:43 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

if you price it over $30,000 it won't sell. i'd say $24,900 would be a great starting price. i'd buy it for that :-D

the reason it's a hard sell is because it's so modded and there's no warranty. VERY few people will even consider buying a car like that. so, unfortunately, you will lose a LOT of money if you sell...
+1 that's why i'll pull my whipple and sell it seperate if I ever do sell the car. You will never sell a $22,000 car for $30,000. First of all a bank won't finance anyone the full amount and if they had 8k laying around to put into a car they would have allready.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:47 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

yep.

this is why i have 4 boxes full of stock parts,
taking up valuable space in my garage....

ORIGINAL: moosestang

+1 that's why i'll pull my whipple and sell it seperate if I ever do sell the car. You will never sell a $22,000 car for $30,000. First of all a bank won't finance anyone the full amount and if they had 8k laying around to put into a car they would have allready.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:01 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

GT500 body kit, JK, i know what you mean about the extra power im 19 and im saving for a GT500 so i can mod the hell out of the engine and leave any car on the road to shame,oh, and the sound of 800hp......pure sex.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Paratrooper82nd
1st Gear Member

Geez, I make a decent living as an Army Officer but if I had the money to do everything that you have been able to do with your car ( and I don't!) I would be Damned if I was about to sell away my blood sweat and tears. May be I am being extreme cause its only a car right? But I think everyone has pride intheir car. And I understand how you feel. Getting the GT 500 would be a sweet deal. And yes someone will buy your car...but it will have to take the right price and the right time. You can always put an asking price or best offer and see what comes your way. Again you have a very nice car! Ok I am off my Soap Box. Good luck and I hope you get what you want.

Vista Blue 08 GT Premium

Quick Reply: What would you pay for my car?