Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifter Information

Old 10-15-2007, 05:14 PM
zonguy

Default Shifter Information

I'm looking for feedback on shifters. I've driven the Hurst in two different Mustangs, in one I liked it, it felt a bit old school but shifts were very positive, in the other car it sucked, but I'd assume that it was due to a bad set up. The Hurst would definitely be an improvement over stock but I'd like some information on Steeda and other brands.

Budget is around $300 give or take a few bucks.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 10-15-2007, 05:55 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Shifter Information

Hurst FTMFW!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:00 PM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Hurst FTMFW!
+1 Luv the Hurst Never miss a gear [sm=gears.gif]
Old 10-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Jito007
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone mentioned the Hurst?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:08 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Hurst here, love it as well. More the look than the function, it is a little notchy, but it's worth it!!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:10 PM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

I installed a MGW on Saturday IMO spend the $309.00 shipped. The parts are cnc machined the throws are tight. You can adjust the throw from 15% shorter to 50% shorter than stock. The handle is also adjustable as far as hight and right and left.

Sorry guys the Hurst is a glorified stock shifter (by the looks of the stock one I removed)and the MGW is in a class by itself. You can order the optional MGW handle that will work with the Hurst shifter which is the sweetest part of the Hurst IMO. GL

Old 10-15-2007, 06:58 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sawyer

I installed a MGW on Saturday IMO spend the $309.00 shipped. The parts are cnc machined the throws are tight. You can adjust the throw from 15% shorter to 50% shorter than stock. The handle is also adjustable as far as hight and right and left.

Sorry guys the Hurst is a glorified stock shifter (by the looks of the stock one I removed)and the MGW is in a class by itself. You can order the optional MGW handle that will work with the Hurst shifter which is the sweetest part of the Hurst IMO. GL

+1.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:58 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sawyer

+1.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
zonguy

Thanks for the information guys, I'll have to check this MGW out.

I'm sort of new to the forum and will probably have lots of questions, I want to do this car up right. I just came out of a 2006 Corvette, (yeah go ahead, let me have it). The Vette was fast, handled well and nice with the top down, but way too small for me,I found myself never driving it. So I traded it in (and got money back). I really liked the 07 GT/CS I had before it so Iwound up buying an 08 GT/CS with a few more options.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I'll grant you that the MGW is a quality item, but to call the Hurst a glorified Stock Shifter is a stretch in my opinion. I've had the Hurst for close to two years, and I love it. They claim in their add that it offers a 40% reduction, in shift travel. I think it's closer to 50%. Dear Hurst.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shifter Information