Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats faster?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:39 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Default RE: whats faster?

All i said was a V6 Mustang is a great car, but not a fast car. And that the GT with over 50 hp more to the wheels should easily kill it.

Oh and btw, a 13 sec car is not "fast". And your vette statement? Id rather not buy one, im faster then them and they cost to much $$$.

I go to the track and get killed all day by 9 or 10 second cars. That backs up my statement thatmy car(11.7 sec) is not "fast".
Old 10-17-2007, 12:44 AM
GrabberO07

Apples to Oranges in my opinion.... If I wanted to be the fastest I would buy a crotch rocket and be done with it... and even then there are things out there that can beat me hehe. I baught my GT for that V8 unmistakable rumble and sound... Oh and the TORQUE!! I dont even know why we are comparing the V6MODDED to a stock GT anyways.... Id rather watch grass grow. There is always going to be someone that has spent more money than us or is faster thanus... Hell Ive seen 4banger honda civics run 9s... do I care that their running 9s ...no its a 4 cylinder...not my bag baby... just doesnt get my blood boiling like a rumbling chest pounding V8...... again Love the v6.. takes the styling of the new age mustang and puts a more economical V6 under the hood. IN MY PERSONAL OPINION ONLY please no flaming.... I ask myself when I see someone MOD a v6 why didnt they buy a V8? It just seems pointless...but again maybe thats there thing... thats not for me to judge them. ITS OTHER PEOPLE THAT TRY TO MATCH UP THE GT AND THE V6... why? APPLES TO ORANGES V8 muscle... V6 economy.... to each his own.

and as OSIXGT stated... I dont think my car is fast... its quick for the mods I have. Fast is such a subjective word. I mean for example... what was stated earlier... fast is a low 14 second 1/4 mile V6... to me thats not fast because I am shooting for mid to upper 12s with limitted bolt ons... it all depends on who your talking to... no would I go up to a 9second Nova and boast about how fast my 12 sec mustang is...ummm no..because to them I am NOT FAST....food for thought...so lets not flame OSIXGT for making an opinion known.... its america Opinions are what we all have hehe. Now on a lighter note... I would like to see an 11sec ET 6er...now thats a quick 6... notice I didnt say fast (good job on that ET by the way) WOW
Old 10-17-2007, 03:15 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

you guys are correct, this is a stupid topic to really argue about. basically, if you buy a V6 and end up dropping a few extra grand into it you will be the speed of a gt, and with a few more bucks you can go faster. basically it all balances out to be about the same price for the same speed. it just depends where you start. a lot of GT guys ask me "why didnt you get the GT in the first place?" (not being rude usually, just wondering why I took this route) and I always respond "because if I had a GT at 16 I would probably not be talking to you now"

We all can make our cars pretty speedy (I didnt say fast for the sake of nitro up there saying 450 isnt enough lol), and it is just about mutual respect.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:40 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I went to a private track rental at MIR on Monday, 10/15/07, which was organized by rygenstormlocke. Many of you know of his 10-sec dual-FI 4.0L V6. There were about 10 V6 S197's and two GT's. In the group, there were two 11-second cars, more than a couple 12-sec cars, a few 13's,a few 14's, and one 15-sec stocker. It wasn't about beating the other guy - it was about trying to bang out new personal best ET's with a group of friends who are equally nutso about their Stangs. We got to see/hearturbos, superchargers (the X-Charger shounded the coolest IMO), NOS purges, lopey cams, smokey burnouts, and different WOT exhaust notes. We're talking serious wood for any Mustang fan, with respect being shown regardless of engine size.

Personally, I beat my best ET by 0.120 seconds, with a 14.475 @ 94.95mph (one of two 14.4's), with my best 60' of the day of 1.938. For a N/A V6 on a stock clutch, that's pretty quick (a HUGELY relative/subjective statement, I know).

So y'all should go out an enjoy your Stangs - whether show or go - just get out there and have fun!