Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05' GT Stang vs Supra

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

Default 05' GT Stang vs Supra

Ok my friend is changing duty stations with me in 2 months to Maryland with a school in Pensacola, FL en route. During my time at that school in Pcola I need to get my car to the point where it can beat his. He JUST ordered a HUGE single turbo for his car and is putting out close to 650rwhp if not more. He says that mustangs suck and that I will never be able to beat him in a race... and as you all are probably saying HELL NO!!!

Well my dilema is that I am unsure of what exact steps I need to take to be able to beat him. I know that supras have cast iron block engines so the weight isnt a big issue but do I need to acheive that much rwhp? Well let the advice fly I currently have the mods in my sig but I know I will need a twin screw (or better if there is) KB supercharger and some forged internals with alot of lightening work but please help me find out if this is possible to win!

The race will be in florida early next year or in MD mid next year but I got 15 grand to burn in cash and will do whatever it takes so help meeeee!!!!

tks,
james
Old 10-19-2007, 09:02 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Default RE: 05' GT Stang vs Supra

Twin Turbos time.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

does twin turbo output more than a supercharger?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:08 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Uhh yes.
A professional will turn your car into a beast.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:14 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

You need to get forged internals to put out his claimed HP
Old 10-19-2007, 09:16 PM
06tyrfryr
2nd Gear Member

are you talking about a street race, ora drag race at the strip?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:17 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Either way, your stock rods will not tolerate the power you'll need to beat him. Twin screw, centri, turbo, doesn't matter, you'll likely kill your engine by the time you smell his exhaust. So plan on rebuilding the motor, or better yet, get a new shortblock and start there. But if all you need is a challenge to throw that kind of money onto your car, then you're real insecure.

Better to just say, "Ok, so you have more horsepower than me, big deal, I love my car the way it is." Do you really enjoy comparing penises with this guy? If this guy had a child and said that your kid wasn't as strong as his, would you force your kid to the gym and martial arts school just to prove something? Come on grow up, better to put that 15 grand into something useful, like real estate or a low risk investment, even a CD. Pay attention, I'm givin' ya pearls here.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:22 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

who cares, its a supra.....they are pretty much unbeatable with their stock block and there will always be someone faster than you no matter how fast you are........put the 15 grand into mods that you want....if you want a streetable DD then keep it to around 450 HP and save 8K for other goodies!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:24 PM
06tyrfryr
2nd Gear Member

in a drag race at the strip, which is only 1/4 mile, big hp dont always win. I have ran a lot quicker times with my stock bottom end running 100 shot than a guy that is putting down 797 hp with a kb blown gt 500. while he has a tremendous amount more hp, he cant hook up from a dig, but if we were street racing from a roll or ran more than a 1/4 he would smoke me something terrible so you need to set it up for the particular race you are going to run.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

Haha its all money I set aside from my last deployment, I saw too many ppl loose their lives to spend ALL my money investing in a future that isnt for sure going to happen. All that money is what I plan on putting into my car regardless of what the final product is so why not put it into the engine where I wanted to put it in the first place. I have set aside savings and some retirement funds so dont worry I wont be living on the street bud.

He just told me about this new supercharger and how he thinks stangs cant touch supras and I think hes wrong so I wanna beat him haha is that so wrong? Here was my original post 2 months ago about the money and how I wanted to spend it https://mustangforums.com/m_3700865/...m.htm#3700865.

But all that aside I am aware that I need to get forged internals completely redone and that it isnt going to happen overnight but what types of twin turbos are out there for stangs? I have been completely focused on Whipple and KB SCs and havent even thought of turbos... is there a way I can get over 600 rwhp without turbos though?

PS I have learned alot in the last 2 months plz dont bash me for how retarded I sounded in that original post... and its a drag strip race for 60mph times and 1/4 mile

Quick Reply: 05' GT Stang vs Supra