Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eleanor Grills....Who's got 'em?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 04:16 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

Default Eleanor Grills....Who's got 'em?

I bought an Eleanor grill for my GT a few months ago from Blue Oval Industries off of ebay. I decided to wait to install itwhen I saw the bumper had to be removed to change the grill. I had stripes painted on the car last week and had the body shop put the grill in when they got done. Body guy called me today and said it doesn't fit, the grill fits the opening, so I know it's not a v6 grill, and is obviously not a GT500 grill since that would definately be noticable. He said the fog lights hit the core support and won't install right. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:22 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Eleanor Grills....Who's got 'em?

or does anyone have any similar fitment issues? I haven't seen the car yet, it's back home in St. Louis, and I'm stuck in God forsaken Laramie, Wyoming for the month of October.......
Old 10-22-2007, 04:55 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

There are different bulbs that you need to install in place of the factory bulbs. The factory bulbs do, indeed, hit the core support. I had this issue with mine, too. I think there wasy something else, but I don't remember. Maybe swap the fog light housings left/right? I don't recall. It took a little tinkering, but it eventually went in there and looks great! Good luck!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

The bumper doesn't have to be removed to install an upper grill......

Also, there are a few aftermarket grills that have to have the core notched.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:09 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I had the blue oval and we had no probs with fitting, just the sides did not line up as well as the factory grill next to the headlights, but no biggy. I thik you have to swap the fogs left and right positions. Good luck or give them a call for assisstance.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:16 PM
HotBlue05

I had the same problem. There are two little plastic pieces that are part of the bulb assembly that stick out too far. This can be trimmed/snipped with a pair of wire cutters. It does not affect the stability or alignment of the bulbs. I talkes literally 5 seconds. Don't trim on the car if you don't have to
Old 10-22-2007, 10:19 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the input guys, I knew there had to be an easy fix for it, the last thing I wanted to do was trim on the core support. I knew there had to be an easy fix like swapping left and right or something, I'll have to try this stuff out when I get back to town. I'm having Mustang withdrawls now.....and it doesn't help when my girlfriend is sending me pictures of the progress of the stripes on her cell phone.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:07 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

Is there any other suggestions/experience with these? Like I said, I haven't had a chance to see it in person yet, but would like to know what I'm getting into so I can have it on the road and driving within a couple hours of coming back home. My dad was nice enough to pick it up from the body shop and put it in my garage and cover it after taking these pics (and I'm sure a joyride)
Old 10-25-2007, 10:19 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

ya i had the same problem...i dont have the BOI grille tho, mine is different...i just left mine alone cause it really didnt offset anything when the lights wire harness was up against the support...so with a little pressure, i secured all the clips and it looks as normal as can be....no more problems after that....didnt have to shave, cut, trim, or bend anything........
Old 10-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

...doesn't an eleanor grille require the fogs to be on the lower grille?

Quick Reply: Eleanor Grills....Who's got 'em?