Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a GT500 Grill...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 AM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Default Looking for a GT500 Grill...

This is a little unique, but I'm looking for a "GT500" Grill that will fit a V6 or GT.

Not having the emblem is fine, basically just the stock black grill, minus the horse ofcourse...

like so:
Old 10-29-2007, 03:19 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for a GT500 Grill...

You're pretty much out of luck. I have been looking for a plastic "grate" style grille for my friend's Mustang for a long time. We ended up painting the pony black and tinting the fog lights.

Your options are basically black painted billet bars. Not quite as nice but I thin kit looks ok.

The only plastic ones have the fog lights still, although repositioned. I have NO idea why no company has caught on to the fact that some of us HATE the giant spotlights in the grille.
This one is from CDC....$290. Shelby has a much cheaper overlay though for about $109
Old 10-29-2007, 03:47 AM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

You're pretty much out of luck. I have been looking for a plastic "grate" style grille for my friend's Mustang for a long time. We ended up painting the pony black and tinting the fog lights.

Your options are basically black painted billet bars. Not quite as nice but I thin kit looks ok.

The only plastic ones have the fog lights still, although repositioned. I have NO idea why no company has caught on to the fact that some of us HATE the giant spotlights in the grille.
This one is from CDC....$290. Shelby has a much cheaper overlay though for about $109
Thanks for the Info, that's what I thought...

Do you think there is any way to retrofit the GT500 grill into a GT?

Or possibly take the V6 grill and saw away carefully until you have nothing but empty hexagons?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:05 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I'm afraid the answer to both is no. The real GT500 grille slopes in at the top, making it narrower than the GT gtille at the top....so no way you can fit that.

The V6 (and the GT) grille has a flat section behind the pony. It ais actually recessed and in deeper than the surrounding grate area of the grille.

maybe you could get a few and fuse them together? I dunno.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:36 AM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

I'm afraid the answer to both is no. The real GT500 grille slopes in at the top, making it narrower than the GT gtille at the top....so no way you can fit that.

The V6 (and the GT) grille has a flat section behind the pony. It ais actually recessed and in deeper than the surrounding grate area of the grille.

Thanks for the info. I'll find a way to make it. I love the Cobra Diamond Grill look.

Is there any people or companies that will do custom fabrication?

I plan on using an Eleanor front end from Ronaele. Using Photoshop this is the total front end look I'm going for:

Any Ideas? Thanks again for the Input Superdave, I love your car BTW.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:50 AM
ndgoalie35
2nd Gear Member

Haha. I have the pictures for you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/79557/A8C71F81B6DE4A15BDE1B767B003276E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/79557/CA48C3FF291D4A07A3DF4BC3B4DD49E0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/79557/5AC7F248C19B488C8364D10701FCB6AB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-29-2007, 06:05 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThaiCobra

Thanks for the info. I'll find a way to make it. I love the Cobra Diamond Grill look.

Is there any people or companies that will do custom fabrication?

I plan on using an Eleanor front end from Ronaele. Using Photoshop this is the total front end look I'm going for:
[align=center][/align]

Any Ideas? Thanks again for the Input Superdave, I love your car BTW.
Sure thing man. And thanks for the compliment.

You can always get some grille mesh material off Ebay or something. I would avoid that cheap metal crap the import crowd crams in their grilles, but you can find some nicer stuff if you look. I'm not sure how good of a fabricator you are but you can take a shot at it. If you can find a way to roll the edges I think it would look great.

And just a heads up on the Ronaele kit....The Cervini's kit looks a little nicer in my opinion...especially the side skirts. A lot of people think they are the same kit but they buy their stuff from Blow-By Racing, which is actually made by Kaenen. I liked their side scoops and window scoops better though so I bought those. Top quality stuff.....but the rest of the kit is lacking in my opinion. Take a good look at both versions of that kit before you decide on one.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

There will be one available soon from Ford. Just be patient. It's just about available.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:02 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

There will be one available soon from Ford. Just be patient. It's just about available.
Do you know that for sure, or are you just guessing?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:07 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

its featured on the front page of their 2008 mustang accessories catalog.....google it

try out www.emachineshop.com if you have the talent, patience to make something like that, you could see how much it costs and possibly make a business out of it

Quick Reply: Looking for a GT500 Grill...