Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust-biggest gain?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 08:22 PM
titaniumGT
1st Gear Member

Default Exhaust-biggest gain?

I was looking around and i was gonna go on raw sound and that throaty growl because i was hearing of how getting an exhaust for the 05 GT's doesn't show any gains but now i'm looking and i see that a Corsa will gain 13 hp and 9 tq.....makes me wonder, does anyone have any input for what is the exhaust (cat-back or axle-back) that will show the biggest gain? Was the looking at the SLP Loudmouth because of the sound. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:48 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Exhaust-biggest gain?

The powerflo like I have is supposed to be 10 hp and 5 tq according to the guy on the phone at SLP. The gain is of course with a tune though.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:47 AM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

i was wondering the same thing corsa advert 13 hp and 9 lbs of tq i heard some really good things about borla but i can't find any info on what the increases are. dose any one know or has any one put the borla exhaust system on there 2005 yet? i also wanted to order the jba ceramic coated header pipes but was told to wait by a friend till more headers come out for more options and a lower price. i was also looking into a new intake the description on the modular racing annihilator intake says best intake made for 2005 gt and post an 8-15 RWHP. but the steeda cold air velocity intake is rated at 26.7 rear wheel HP and 22 ft/lbs of torque oh coarse these are both after the flash program. these are only add stats can any one give me some advice also lol sorry all but i heard some bad things about the steeda pulley is there a better pullry out there? and my last but not least question is i plan on ordering a lowering kit soon the eibach prokit lowering kit lowers the front 1.2 inchs and the rear 1.4 inches and the steeda sport springs lower 1 inch. is one better then the other and is the einbach and steeda just as stiff as each other?
sorry for asking so manny questions but it is the only way i will learn
Old 03-01-2005, 10:58 AM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

please some one answer my questions when they get a chance! thanks
Old 03-01-2005, 03:47 PM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

where is casper when ya need him
Old 03-01-2005, 03:53 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

probably workking on an 05.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:33 AM
titaniumGT
1st Gear Member

Hmm, so now i see that the Magnaflow posts a 19 increase in hp and 17 lbs. of tq. Also, if someone could answer silverbullit05's questions that would be great, wondering the same questions!!
Old 03-02-2005, 03:58 AM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=52
Posted by mdvaldosta in another forum.

That website dyno tested a magnaflow exhaust and got absolutely no gain.. Though it did not say if they retuned after that for another test as it did with other mods. Are these hp#'s dyno proven? If so what other mods were done to the car? I would assume that a larger exhaust piping wouldn't HURT performance up to 3" (if that fits) and free'r flowing mufflers or cat's probably wouldn't hurt either. I don't know as though you can trust manufacturers HP increase numbers though as a deciding factor for which exhaust system to buy.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:25 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

that was a good link.. They kept on talking abotu the sct tune.. If I order the parts with the program falshed in.. will I get the same HP without putting it on the hamster wheel?
Old 03-03-2005, 07:50 AM
silverbullit05
2nd Gear Member

i still need to know if any one knows if borla add any HP or TQ the corsa's do after a tune? if any one can answer this or any of my other questions i have posted above please do so i would be very greatful. trying to make one bad@$$ stang!

Quick Reply: Exhaust-biggest gain?