Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership story.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

Default Dealership story.....

So i had a rare day off yesterday, and went ahead and made my apointment to take my car into Apple Ford in Columbia, MD to have the thunking in the front end looked at. I also printed out the TSB and took that in. I made and appointment for 7:00 am, and was there at 6:55 waiting. When i go up to the service writer and give him my keys, i hand him the TSB and he looks at me, shakes his head, and asks me if im gonna wait or if i want him to call me, and i said i had no way of gettin anywhere, so i was gonna wait for him to look at it and this time, he shakes his head and laughs to himself a little bit. So i go into the waiting room, and watch some TV.....8 o clock, 9 o clock, 10, 11, 12 o clock comes up and someone walks into the room and says Mr. Zentz? i go over to the cashier, sign a paper (pay nothing) and the service writer hands me the keys and says "ok your all set", and walks away from me before i could evenask any questions, or at the very least say thanks(the same rude one who i handed the TSB to). Well i had assumed that the parts needed to be ordered and id have to bring it back in to have the work done, and that they would at the least say, "well give you a call when your parts come in, and then schedule a day to have the work done". But since he said "ok your all set" i assumed (wrong on my part) that maybe they had this part in stock, and since it had taken 5 hours, that they had installed the part, not taken 5 hours jus to look at it. Well i go outside, wait for them to bring me the car around, the driver who brought it around was the nicest guy i talked to the entire time i was there, and got in and drove off. Damn if it didnt still thunk....now i didnt get to completely look at the paperwork that they gave to me, because the trip took longer than i expected and i was running late getting to somewhere. But like i said, they didnt say anything about havin to order the parts, no telling me what they did, jus basically handed me my keys and wanted me the hell outta there. Now i usually have great customer service at Apple ford, but this one time was jus horrible. Sorry guys, jus wanted to let you all know about my experience.

Zach
Old 11-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: Dealership story.....

I've heard about Apple Ford before on MF.com

Sam Pack's 5-Star Ford is the best dealership ever.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:18 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

So what DID they do according to the paperwork that took 5 hours?
I would have insisted for a loaner on a TSB associated problem.
5 hours waiting is BS.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:44 PM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

What is this front end thunking I keep hearing about. I would really love a description, unless it's a thunk sound that is just that, a thunk. Does it occur during shifting or acceleration, or deceleration. I can say I haven't heard a thing on my front end so what's the deal?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:11 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

If you have a chance, fill out one of those customer statisfaction (or lack of) surveys and drop it in the mail...guarantee...you'll have someone contact you within weeks....I had a bad experience with a dealer a few yrs ago and that's what I did...they call me within two weeks so I gave them an earful. In my case, it was just rudeness and folks being impolite...so I told the folks who called me that, that was the last time I was going to that dealer....don't know what ended up happening to them guys, but I felt better tho..
Old 11-04-2007, 01:41 AM
doode
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 157db

So what DID they do according to the paperwork that took 5 hours?
I would have insisted for a loaner on a TSB associated problem.
5 hours waiting is BS.
lol
where i live, not a chance

loaner cars at $13 + insurance + taxes a day !
Regardless if its a warranty issue nor not.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:27 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Never assume anything and always ask specific questions. Remember you paid good money for that car and thier service....make sure you get it.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:54 AM
tientran
2nd Gear Member

Front End of my car 2005 V6 had thunking noises when I turned left or righton the first day I brought it home. I took it back to the dealer that I bought it. They changed STRUT MOUNT. No more thunking since then.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:58 AM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: poohflingr

What is this front end thunking I keep hearing about. I would really love a description, unless it's a thunk sound that is just that, a thunk. Does it occur during shifting or acceleration, or deceleration. I can say I haven't heard a thing on my front end so what's the deal?
You can hear the "thunk" when going off a 1" driveway lip, manhole covers..any bumps really.
If you have it and you hear it...your eyes will be immediately directed to the right front of the car.
That's where the sound is more prominent.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

My dealership had to order parts. I didn't sign anything the first day. When I brought it back once the parts arrived, I signed it off that day. Receipt shows parts replaced and price $0.00

Quick Reply: Dealership story.....