Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SuperCharger Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 11:23 PM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

Default SuperCharger Questions

Hello,
This is an open question to anyone and everyone for discussion with the hopes that I can get an idea on what I should do next.
My name is Casper, and I would like to ask you a few questions. Is your GT a manual trasmisson or automatic? Your times at the the track are very impressive. Have you done alot of modifications? What is your rear wheel Horse Power?
I recently had a Saleen 475 supercharger installed in my 07 Mustang GT. I have an automatic transmission, 4:10 gears, MAC axle back exhaust, Repica Mustang GT500 wheels and tires, and I am running the Saleen tune along with Brenspeed's upgraded shift schedule.
So far I have not been impressed with the SC. I thought it would make a big difference. Without power braking from a start, when I push the pedal completely to the floor I don't even break the tires loose.
The day I picked up my car, the shop that installed my SC gave me the papers from the two runs on their Mustang Dynamometer and I wasn't really impressed. The rear HP only showed "307" and the "air fuel ratio" was very scary at 22.5
I did say something to the shop, but they excused it by telling me that a Mustang Dynamometer is different than a Dynojet. And that the readings will be considerably lower.
Man, I was looking forward to having the power that would at least break the tires loose if floored, but that is not the case.
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Casper
Old 11-03-2007, 11:32 PM
2k6silvergt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SuperCharger Questions

I have an automatic tranny and have been able to run mid 12's with stock suspension and tires. My mods are in my sig. I am putting down 400 to the ground. Not really sure what is going on with yours, sounds like the shop had no idea what they were doing. I don't even have to put the pedal all the way to the floor before it will just start spinning. Are you sure your a/f wasn't 12.5? I have never heard of one in the 20's.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:33 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

huh.....is this a BS post?
Old 11-03-2007, 11:35 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Those numbers can't be anywhere near correct...I have 311 rwhp and I am N/A. Take your car somewhere else
Old 11-03-2007, 11:38 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Ok i looked at your other post with the sheets......go somewhere else is your best bet......even still if you cant break the tires loose you have issues somewhere......

I would not drive the car anywhere unless its to a reputable dyno shop and have the car tuned correctly
Old 11-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Casper, something is way out of whack if you can't spin the tires with, or without a S/C
Old 11-03-2007, 11:57 PM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

Thereare the copies of my readouts in my photo gallery. Take a look and tell me what you think.
Thank you,
Casper
Old 11-04-2007, 02:03 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

OK...I saw the dyno graphs and something is so wrongI dont even know where to start. Get the car dyno tuned by someone that knows what they are doing and do not drive the car until that happens (scary avg 19 A/F ratio?). If you have not seriously damaged you motor and thrown many CELs something is just not right. Seriously either this is bull or the guys at that shop should be fired and turned into the better business bureau for dangerous business tactics. JMO but run (your 2 feet) to the yellow pages and get it done right. ASAP!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Elsboo
1st Gear Member

Hey Casper!
With your gears and stock you should fry tires......With the supercharger it should be one tire burnin beast. If your air fuel is truely 22.5 I don't think your stang would run.......If it is that high I would TRAILER it to a reputable tuner that knows the Saleen blower on these cars......You are in danger of seriously fryin a piston my freind. Best of luck with this....Let us know how it turns out!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

DONT drive it anymore dude

what you need to do is open the hood of your car first off... ok and then you need to make a post about what color the gerbil in a wheel is that they put on top of your engine thats crapping into the cylinders that they called a supercharger haha cuz wow man ... just wow i hope that you didnt pay them

Quick Reply: SuperCharger Questions