Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Plan???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 04:11 PM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

Default RE: X-Plan???

I ordered mine back in early October so I'm guessing that may be one reason why my dealer didn't give me a hard time about it. With the demand the way it is right now, it would be interesting to see if they would still honor the x plan pricing.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:35 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

Just to clear things up....this is straight from my Ford X plan order.....

"The Ford Motor Company Friends & Neighbors X-Plan provides special vehicle discounts to individuals who are sponsored by Ford employees and retirees. The purpose of the program is to introduce Ford products to new customers and recognize the loyalty of current owners. Participation in the program is at the discretion of the sponsor.

Employees and Retirees must consider the following before sponsoring an X-Plan purchase.

It is in direct violation of the program rules to provide PIN's to a dealership employee or to customers referred to the Sponsor by a dealership employee. In addition, accepting money or gifts in connection with providing someone a PIN is strictly prohibited. Violations of these rules will result in suspension of A/Z and X-Plan eligibility and may result in termination of employment with the Company.

Sponsors are responsible for managing their PIN allocation and making sure the customers they sponsor follow the rules. If a customer fails to follow the rules (including titling and length of ownership requirements), the Sponsor's Plan eligibility is at risk. Therefore, if Sponsors cannot answer all of the following questions, as indicated, it is advised that they do not sponsor the customer:

ยท Is the customer someone you feel you know and can trust? YES

ยท Is this customer a dealership employee? NO

ยท Did a dealership employee refer this customer to you? NO

ยท Are you receiving or being offered cash or gifts to sponsor this customer? NO

ยท Is this customer a government employee or official whose use of the Plan may be construed as influencing a public official? NO

ยท Is this customer considering purchasing a competitor's product? YES

The dealer is required to provide you with a true copy of the factory invoice showing the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan price in the box labeled "X Plan"(not displayed for Jaguar and Land Rover, labeled as "S Plan" for Mazda). You should also receive a complete and signed New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet showing each item and its price (form slightly different for Volvo and Mazda). This form is not provided for Jaguar or Land Rover vehicles.

What is a PIN?
A PIN (Personal Identification Number) is a unique numeric code required for each vehicle purchase under the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan. This PIN will be generated by the Ford employee/retiree (sponsor) and given to the eligible individual. The individual will take this PIN to an authorized Ford Motor Company dealership to secure the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan discount.

Sponsors
Your sponsor is an active or retired Ford Motor Company employee or their surviving spouse who has registered you as an eligible Friends & Neighbors X-Plan member. You may have multiple sponsors at Ford Motor Company for the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan, each of which may register you for the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan. Your sponsor(s) are responsible for generating the PINs at your request which may be used towards the purchase of a Ford vehicle. Because your sponsor has a limited number of PINs your request may not be approved.

Requesting a PIN
You may request a PIN from your sponsor through the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan web site at the "Request A PIN" page. The PIN Request process is an email notification to your sponsor to approve a PIN for you. Once the sponsor has responded to your email request, you will receive either an email back approving the PIN request (including your unique PIN code) or an email denying the PIN request. The status of your PIN request will also be displayed on the home page of your Friends & Neighbors X-Plan web site. Please allow your sponsor at least 24 hours to respond to your PIN request.

The PIN Request Process is completed in five easy steps:
1. Confirm your profile information (name, address, email address)
2. Select a sponsor (only if you have multiple sponsors to choose from)
3. Enter social security number (please see why we need your social security number for details)
4. Update your vehicle preferences
5. Verify the above information and submit your PIN request

Approving/Denying a PIN
Your sponsor is responsible for approving/denying your PIN requests. The number of PINs remaining for the sponsor at the time of your request may impact its approval/denial.

Using a PIN

* Provide the PIN along with your social security number to the dealer.
* The dealer will enter your PIN and social security number into the computer to verify your eligibility. Once your eligibility has been verified, the dealer can lock in the approval to complete the transaction. (If you decide not to complete the transaction at that dealership, ask the dealer to cancel the locked-in approval so that you can use it elsewhere.)
* Ask for a copy of the vehicle invoice which shows the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan price in the box labeled "X-Plan" located in the lower right hand corner (lower left for Volvo not displayed for Land Rover). This is always the correct X-Plan price. NOTE: Mazdas are not included in Ford's "X" Plan; it is called "S" Plan.
* The dealer will complete and ask you to sign the New Vehicle Purchase Plan Agreement and Pricing Sheet (form slightly different for Volvo, Land Rover, and Mazda). After you have signed it, the dealer will provide you with a copy. This is your assurance that the price charged is the correct price. Do not sign this form if it is blank or if you do not understand how the price was calculated. If you have any questions or concerns about the terms of your purchase or lease, ask your dealer for clarification before closing the transaction.
* Your PIN will expire after 1 year from the date of PIN approval from your sponsor.
* Your PIN may be used for the purchase of any eligible Ford vehicle
* The following rules apply to approved PIN Requests:
- The Plan privilege is for the eligible Friends & Neighbors X-Plan member's personal use only.
- The PIN must not, under any circumstances, be provided to any other person, except the dealer at the time of purchase or lease.
- The Friends & Neighbors X-Plan member must identify himself/herself as an eligible participant to the dealer and provide the dealer with his/her SSN and PIN for verification.

Old 03-02-2005, 04:59 PM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

That's interesting. I work for a bank in Chicago where Ford is a client of ours. So either this documentation is old or we are considered the 'friends' of friends and family. Nice and thorough write up. This should help everyone understand.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:33 PM
jelmo55

I work for Publix Supermarkets and my company is a member of the Xplan.....I live in Atlanta and went to the dealership and the sales manager obtained the pin for me. All I needed was a paycheck stub showing my proof of employment.....there were no hassles whatsover....My deal saved me about 8 percent and came to about $100 over invoice. I was shown the regular price along side the Xplan price.

Here is a link that lists some of the participating Xplan companies. My company was not on the list but was in the computer checked on by the sales manager. I also saved on the extended warranty I bought using the xplan also....

http://www.supplierprograms.com/inde...suppliers.html

Hope this helps.....I bought a Windveil Blue V6 Premium and have 1500 miles on it and love it so far......

Good Luck
Old 03-02-2005, 05:44 PM
jelmo55

For non-Ford Motor Company employees, X-Plan provides an opportunity to experience the benefits of driving a Ford Motor Company vehicle. Select individuals may be sponsored by a Ford Motor Company employee or may be eligible as an employee or member of a partner company or organization.

Certain vehicles may be excluded from X-Plan programs.

Two new products per calendar year may be purchased/ leased in total.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Mrwirly

If anyone is From SoCal... I work At a Ford dealer in San Juan

X - Friends & Family of ford employes ( And you do not need a pin at my dealer)

A&D Plan is for ford employes & ford corporate Offices(ie. consumer & commercial credit)

X -Plan is usually about 600 over invoice

Old 03-03-2005, 12:46 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mrwirly

If anyone is From SoCal... I work At a Ford dealer in San Juan

X - Friends & Family of ford employes ( And you do not need a pin at my dealer)

A&D Plan is for ford employes & ford corporate Offices(ie. consumer & commercial credit)

X -Plan is usually about 600 over invoice

You sure about that X plan price being $600 over invoice? What do you add to the car to get it to that price?

My X plan VOC shows an MSRP of $27,705. Invoice price is shown as $25,603. X plan price on the VOC says $25,485. That's about $100 UNDER invoice for X plan.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

We get the X-Plan, often called Supplier pricing, without any interaction with Ford employee's. I actually don't know a Ford employee, other than those who post here. We go to www.fordpartners.com, and key in a company code #. This lets you in, but you still have to register for your PIN. When I did mine in November, they had modified it, to use only the last four digits of your social # (I think that's right). It allows two, near invoice prices per year. On the last two trucks, and an SUV it was about $200, under invoice. On my 05 GT Mustang it was about $150 over invoice, and it took me two months to find the deal. Several dealerships would let me order a X-Plan car, but none would sell one off the lot. I got lucky and checked the web inventory, caught my car two days before it arrived at the dealership. They X-Planned it, and I bought it the day before it got there.

As I under stand it Ford employee's get A-Plan, it is roughly 4% under invoice. I think the only deal for those who don't work as an employee, or partner company, is when they do a special where the employee gets to give away, an X-Plan PIN. As I hear it, most manufacturers, have cracked down, big time on those who give the employee only PINs away. I've heard stories, of termination of employment for it.

ORIGINAL: graphicguy

I'll have to take your word for it.

The guy who gave me my PIN said it was only for Ford employees to give to "friends & family".

As mentioned before, it's only 1/2 the battle to get the pin. The harder part is getting a dealer to accept X plan pricing as the dealer ends up making a lot less money on X plan that if he could sell one off his lot.....at least on a Mustang GT or convertible.

I know the guy who gave mine to me had to provide his SS# and Ford employee I.D. in order to give me my X plan pin.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:33 AM
white531
1st Gear Member

Bob Hurley Ford in tulsa oklahoma is offering X-Plan to the public this FRI>SAT. and Sun.on all cars.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:27 PM
XkalGT

i work for publix, how do i get my pin other than bringing a pay stub?

Quick Reply: X-Plan???