Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Plan???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 11:57 AM
64ranchero

Default X-Plan???

I keep seeing the term X-plan in regards to purchasing a new Mustang.What the heck is it??I am looking to buy an 05 and want to know where to get the best deal .I am in California.Anybody?
Old 03-02-2005, 12:28 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: X-Plan???

X plan is the Ford employee "friends and family" discount plan. Generall, it's priced about $100 above dealer invoice. You need a "pin #" from a Ford employee to get that pricing.

The "kicker" is, Ford dealerships are not required to offer X plan. It's voluntary. With a car as hot as the Mustang, not every dealer is willing to offer the Mustang on X plan pricing.....particularly the GT and convertible models.

So, first you have to find a Ford employee who will give you the "pin" number to qualify for X plan. Then, you have to find a dealer who is willing to sell you a Mustang under X plan.

Some dealers are sticking to MSRP and above for GTs. Some will offer $500 off. Or, you can join someplace like the quarter horse association and get $500 off using their discount.

Without knowing an employee and having a super relationship with a Ford dealer, disoucnts from MSRP are hard to come by, at least for the GT and the convertibles. You should be able to find some dealers with V6 stock that will deal on one of those units, though.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:56 PM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

What places get this discount? I am trying to find out if I know anyone who could get it for me!
N2F
Old 03-02-2005, 01:00 PM
cc4824

The X-plan isn't for Ford employees only. From what I understand many large companies, including the power company I work for, have partnerships with Ford and are eligible as well. I've talked to about 4 different dealerships in my area and 3 of the 4 were willing to include the 05 GT on the plan. One of them told me that the dealer gets reimbursed from Ford for the difference, so the only real reason not to is if they are selling it over the sticker price.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:40 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I work for a telecommunications firm, and my company offers X plan. Not just for Ford employees. Not sure about all plans, but the way ours is laid out, you can use it twice per year, and you can give your number to someone else. And apparently each dealer is different about how they handle it, and it is also different for each vehicle. I got a MUCH better deal when I bought my F-150 through X plan than I am getting on my GT.

Dealer participation is strictly voluntary also. In the Dallas area, I only found one dealer that would honor X plan on a new Mustang, and they would not honor it on anything sitting on the lot. They required me to order the car. Which was fine because no one had the car that I wanted anyway.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:41 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

Well....yes, Ford does get reimbursed for X plan. But, it's not the amount between invoice and MSRP. I'm sure it's something quite a bit less than MSRP.

There's another plan that Ford offers companies who are suppliers of one thing or the other to Ford. I think it's a suppliers discount, but I don't know the particulars. There's yet another plan for discounts for employees of Ford dealerships. I can't remember what the designation for that one.

X plan pricing is reserved for Ford employees who wish to give out up to 4 "PINS"/year for friends and family who wish to buy a Ford product (including Jag, Volvo, Range Rovers and MAzda "S" plans). It's a good deal on the Mustangs since they are hot commodities right now.

If you have a "pin" number from the Ford employee, you can actually go to the Ford web site and see X plan pricing on any vehicle in dealer's stock. Also, if you order, you should get a Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) sheet that spells out exactly what the price of your car will be under the plan. That same sheet will also show A/Z/D pricing (which is limited to only Ford emplyees and their immediate family). If I remember correctly, A/Z/D pricing is about $1,200 under invoice. My X planned Mustang GT was about $100 under dealer invoice (also shown on the VOC).

Again, all these plans are voluntary. The dealership can refuse to participate, if they so choose.

I'd ask your company's HR dept if they have any info regarding supplier disounts from Ford. They should know.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:37 PM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

GraphicGuy,

X plan is not reserved for Ford employees only. I am not a Ford employee and I got X plan pricing. No, I didn't get my pin from a Ford employee, actually my company does business with Ford and Ford offered it to the employees of my company. I am allowed two cars per year (2 pins).

There are other plans as well, not sure who gets them or what they are but just thought I'd pass this along.

I was fortunate as my dealer said absolutely, bring in the correct info and they'll honor x plan pricing on the gt..... Lucky me...
Old 03-02-2005, 03:40 PM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

So if anyone I knew gave me there pin I would be able to get the x-plan? Anyone here want to hook me up?
N2F
Old 03-02-2005, 03:45 PM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

They way it works for us is the person handing out the pin would have to go to the dealership with you to show a picture id verifying their employment with the company that was offered x plan pricing. At least that's how we're set up anyway. Does anyone else have different rules for x plan pricing?
Old 03-02-2005, 03:53 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

I'll have to take your word for it.

The guy who gave me my PIN said it was only for Ford employees to give to "friends & family".

As mentioned before, it's only 1/2 the battle to get the pin. The harder part is getting a dealer to accept X plan pricing as the dealer ends up making a lot less money on X plan that if he could sell one off his lot.....at least on a Mustang GT or convertible.

I know the guy who gave mine to me had to provide his SS# and Ford employee I.D. in order to give me my X plan pin.

Quick Reply: X-Plan???