Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lady hit my front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:48 PM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

Default lady hit my front bumper

Ok I was sitting in the micky d's drive thru and out of nowhere this lady hits reverse and bam, hits my front bumper. So I call the cops and get a report. The damage looks minimal but a body man that I usually deal with took a look and said that the bumper can be saved but for it to be done like factory I would need a new front bumper because it broke the plastic clips that holds the driver side parking lamp in placed and the Only way to get them back would be with a new bumper. Any way the lady's insurance is progressive and wants me to get it fixed at their repair facility. If I choose to get it fixed at a shop of my own will they sent the check to that shop or me I was wondering because I might be able to get a after market front bumper.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:58 PM
metlcub
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: lady hit my front bumper

Progressive is known to have shops rig things to get it to work. Like not replacing the bumper, just fixxing. I would get an estimate from their shop and from your's. Then tell them, Look your shop is 200 cheeper then mine but I trust my shop. Can I get the money from your shops quote and pay the differance and get it fixxed by my reliable shop? Most insurance companys will do that.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:02 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

progressive may want you to go to their shop, but they can't make you. get a quote from your shop that details what needs to be done, and make them pay.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

They will pay to have it fixed at a shop of your choosing, as well as pay for a rental car while yours is out of commission. They should cut a check directly to the repair shop. Then if you want an aftermarket bumper, you can work that out with the shop you take it to.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I have progressive and the reason that they want you to use their shop is cause they'll get a deal on the parts as apposed to using the shop of your choice ... you can pick whatever you want & they'll cover it... your choice as to where you want the money sent... you need to have shop say that the aftermarket bumper you're getting is stock -- better hope that they don't compare pice if they took them so be wary of that ~ J
Old 11-08-2007, 12:23 AM
mtnpunk91
1st Gear Member

You never have to go to the shop that the insurance company "recommends".

It's your right to go to any shop that YOU want. Not them.

Do a little research on it and when they give you a hard time quote it to them. Assert yourself, stand up for your rights and dont let them take advantage of you.

Good luck.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:45 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lucki96gt

Ok I was sitting in the micky d's drive thru and out of nowhere this lady hits reverse and bam, hits my front bumper. So I call the cops and get a report. The damage looks minimal but a body man that I usually deal with took a look and said that the bumper can be saved but for it to be done like factory I would need a new front bumper because it broke the plastic clips that holds the driver side parking lamp in placed and the Only way to get them back would be with a new bumper. Any way the lady's insurance is progressive and wants me to get it fixed at their repair facility. If I choose to get it fixed at a shop of my own will they sent the check to that shop or me I was wondering because I might be able to get a after market front bumper.
Gee, here in MA you get a check ( a list of shops that will fix for that amount) and you do what you want. (If you don't fix at all you may have a future claim on damage to same area reduced that's all) But you can take the $$$$ and put a Saleen nose on and no one cares.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:18 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

When it's not your fault, don't compromise because you have grounds.
You didn't ask for morons to run into you, so the insurance needs to pay to put the car back to the shape it was before the crash.

Also, pick the shop you want.
And last, get the GT/CS bumper, the price difference is not that great. It comes as a kit (grilles, lower shield etc...) and retails for $400.

Good luck.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

why the hell would someone back into you in a drive thru?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

+ = [/align]

Quick Reply: lady hit my front bumper