Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Stangmods HIDs...problems

Old 11-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Default Stangmods HIDs...problems

Ok, so I ordered the dual beam kit, and when I go to install it, they dont fit. The base where the bulb connects is about 1/16th of an inch shorter than stock. Because of this, the tabs that are supposed to reach the inner headlight tracks and then rotate for the bulbs to actually be installed, do not make it that far, and cannot be turned into the tracks. Guess what, the tabs are recessed about 1/16th of an inch from the tracks. I have emailed stangmods, and all they said was keep messing with it, they are the right bulbs, So I went back at it, I have tried to install these for maybe and hour, pushing these things into the headlights to absolutely no avail. The stock bulbs go in with zero effort.
I emailed stangmods again, saying I would be glad to exhange, if this product is defective, but if it is not, and my headlight housing is somehow different (which simply isnt the case because the stock bulbs fit perfect) than every other one, I want a refund. Guess what happened. After I had been getting replys in only hours, sometimes shorter than that, in two days they have yet to respond. What shall I do, and for those that installed this kit before, did it go in easily any ticks?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:32 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Stangmods HIDs...problems

i was about to buy those, good luck.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:40 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

does the stangmod.comhave a rubber gasket around the bulb. if so try removing it and putting the factory bulbs gasket on it.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:44 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Honestly, I won't buy this kind of low end no-name stuff from StangMods again, in fact, I probably won't buy anything from them again, not when there are so many other suppliers out there.
I got shot in the foot buying clear front corner lenses from them which just turned out to be cheap knock-off versions I could have easily bought off Ebay at half the price. I had similar problems with bulb holders in those too.... [:@]
Old 11-08-2007, 02:49 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

I've been wiating for my order for a long time now, and I don't have it. Going to cancel right now if there seems to be an issue.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: schapman

does the stangmod.comhave a rubber gasket around the bulb. if so try removing it and putting the factory bulbs gasket on it.
that was the first thing i tried...made no difference
Old 11-08-2007, 04:06 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Did you pay with a CC? If you did call stangmods and see what the will do for you. If they don't satisfy you call the CC and put in a dispute on the payment. That will get their attention.

Earl
Old 11-08-2007, 04:16 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: CataclysmGT

I've been wiating for my order for a long time now, and I don't have it. Going to cancel right now if there seems to be an issue.
+1 wait, wait, wait
I cant wait anymore[:@]
Old 11-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

they did respond finally after i sent them yet another e-mail, and a link to this thread with people promising to swear off stangmods. They are doing an exchange for me, and will be, "different style with different bulbs" sounded odd, that they had seperate types of these things. And about the waiting, that's odd, because I ordered mine at like 4 in the afternoon, a server error occured which told me to try again, i did, and got the same error, sent them an email; and matt from stangmods authorized one and cancelled the other one, and it was there in 2 days with free shipping, crazy good customer service until this little incident. And now I'm just not sure what, "different style, different bulbs" means. Because the bulbs are not the problem, its the thing they sit on top of is just not long enough to reach the tracks for the tabs to spin in. Any thoughts?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:52 PM
07PonyGEO

I got mine earlier this week, I just went out and tried them and seem to have the same problem. I think I have found the answer though, the tabs on the back of mine that you twist when putting them in are hitting the housing, the factory bulbs have the tabs rounded off, the new HID's have a flat tab. If you round off the tab slightly I would think they will fit.

[IMG]local://upfiles/82572/B0E2609A13324E83928F40781CEC97A9.jpg[/IMG]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stangmods HIDs...problems

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.