Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MYcolor

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 04:10 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MYcolor

ORIGINAL: 2GKT5

ORIGINAL: FenderParrothead

If you want it that bad, then that's fine, but I think most people on here would agree with me that it's an interesting novelty item, and occasional conversation piece, but beyond that, you forget and learn to not care about it rather quickly.
Yup. Its a useless feature.

What you're forgetting is that my-color is only part of that package- which also includes those 2 extra gauges (which really belong on a GT), and the (extremely useful!) memory center!

I got the package installed (by the dealer) 2 weeks after getting my car, and was very happy indeed for the $400 total it cost me.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:38 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

yeah i got mine and set it to blue, but that was the main reason in getting it, i have blue shift light and avic z1 is also blue...
Old 11-12-2007, 04:42 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, well i found out where to get it and i really do want it. Im tired of the crappy green colors plus i would like to know my MPG without having to bust out my cell phone calculater every 2 seconds. I have the crappy little gauge cluster where allit shows on the digi is the odometer and trip
Old 11-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: Black07gt

but you also get your mpg, trip miles, oil change soon and all that
What miles does the dash info say to change your oil?

I do keep My Color on Blue most of the time...... it matches my car.
it doesn't? well my moms van has that feature and every 3k miles it says service engine soon. and i believe mycolor says your average mpg
Old 11-12-2007, 04:58 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

i waaant!
Old 11-12-2007, 05:07 PM
daliab

Here is the info you are looking for: https://mustangforums.com/m_2050264/tm.htm

UPDATE: Ed Olsen is now at Parr Ford and can be reached at parts@parrauto.com... Phone: 360-616-6749
Talked to him last week to add the mycolor, 6 gauge instrument cluster with message center and required swithto my GT.
Current prices: 6 Guage Instrument Cluster with message center- $243.10, Switch - $39.62, Refundable $300 core charge when old instrument panel is DHL (included) back to Parr Ford. Shipping about $25.

Ed states that for a while 90% of the cars didn't need a "as built" reflash be the dealership but now it's down to 50/50. To have your car "as built" reflashed, is about 1 hour labor rate.

Must tell him your current mileage, VIN number, manufacture date
Old 11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

If you want it that bad, then that's fine, but I think most people on here would agree with me that it's an interesting novelty item, and occasional conversation piece, but beyond that, you forget and learn to not care about it rather quickly.
+1

I've messed with mine maybe 5 times, and I always settle back to the same color, green (to match the rest of the interior lights).
Old 11-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I like mine set to black... [sm=smokin.gif]
Old 11-12-2007, 06:26 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

But it makes the cluster PERTEY!!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

ORIGINAL: 2GKT5

Yup. Its a useless feature.

What you're forgetting is that my-color is only part of that package- which also includes those 2 extra gauges (which really belong on a GT), and the (extremely useful!) memory center!

I got the package installed (by the dealer) 2 weeks after getting my car, and was very happy indeed for the $400 total it cost me.
Touche (accent mark implied ). When the post said MYColor, I was specifically thinking that and nothing more. Yeah, the extra gauges and trip computer are really nice - not something that you can't live without, but I enjoy having them. Like GT Newbie said, it makes the instrument cluster feel much more complete.

Quick Reply: MYcolor