Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laser Jammers, who has installed on our cars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Laser Jammers, who has installed on our cars?

ORIGINAL: americaniron

Radar jammers are regulated by the fcc, and are illegal. Laser jammers are not regulated by the fcc, and usually are fine.
Ahhh... That sums it up...Well, then...I don't know why you wouldn't just hang a CD from your rear view mirror then...that'll jam laser radar.

And for those of you who haven't seen that Mythbusters episode with jamming radar/laser radar, I've got some oceanfront property in Nevada to sell you...
Old 11-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Supercruzin
2nd Gear Member

I saw the episode, itwas a way to deflect radar. Laser and radar jammers are two different items. Laser are legal in most states but a few have already banned them. It's the only effective way to keep from getting zapped by a laser gun. The newer radar/laser detectors will let you know once you have been checked, it's all overat that point if you were speeding. A mustang with racing stripes is just an automatic target even with the mini van passing you on the left.

I-285 is considered the worlds largest race track. 65 mile loop around Atlanta, if you can drive here....... You can drive any where!

I really wanted to see if they are working as some of the testing sites indicate or if it's a waste of money. The install of the modules is another major factor in proper operqtion. It's best to hide them in the grill, but they cant be covered. So I wanted to see photos of some installs too since I don't want to screw up the looks of the car either. I'm gathering that people are not using the technology due to the cost right now. I could get a good CAI and tune for the same cost of the units I have researched.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

MM/FF had an install of one where they did it stealth; they put the detector in the grill and it looked nice...I'm not sure I'd want to put one in because it seems AWFULLY expensive to just tell me, "Hey, you've just gotten tagged with the laser device and you're going to get a ticket."
Old 11-16-2007, 02:38 AM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

regardless of a radar or laser device you can still get a ticket by getting pace'd and by the officers perception of your speed. And i am sure if you jamm an officers gun hes defenatlly gonna go after you i know i would.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:10 AM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

I'm using a Lidatek LE-30 which is the only other effective one in addition to the blinder - it uses a laser diode unit in the front vs. led on the blinder so it is super small - fits in the honey comb of the grill. Also, they're illegal in DC, Minnesota, and California. This thing is a riot when the cops gun is jamming.

http://www.lidatek.com/
Old 11-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

They are -- but so are drugs and people stil sell those -- [8D]

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

I thought jammers were illegal in most states?
Old 11-18-2007, 07:51 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Ill get you out of the legal system, my old buddy is a Police Officer, and an ignorant one , tickets and dunkin donuts are his life, I prefer Crispy Creme.

He told me , the laser jammers do not come named as Blinder etc usually, and if they are banned in your area, to tell the police, the device is a laser assisted garage parking system.

They operate on the same frequency as Police Lidar, 904nm wavelength and will jam a police laser unit it different ways by emmiting light arrays on the same NM, when it recieves the police laser signal.

This will put them out cold, period, anything after is Harrasment, refuse any searches or more wasting of time.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

here is 07SCGT's car, the laser jammer units are on either on side of the lower billet grill, pretty inconspicuous if you ask me...They look like they are part of the body kit.

[IMG]local://upfiles/63435/CDD3881AF72F419194463F806F7C4814.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Just grab a can of VEIL and spray it on your lisence plates, and head lights.

Good easy and semi cheap way to make laser a lot less effective.

Ore juzt bui a rocki Mounty radarr lazer jamm0r, gurranteeeed to werk fer youz!
Old 11-18-2007, 09:43 PM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

I bought my Passport 8500 thinking I may add the integrated Shifter at a later date. Should'a done it before I got nailed on the way back from Seattle a few months back ...but hey, if you're gonna play, sometimes you gotta pay.

The radar detector has saved me several times, particularly from motorcycle cops using the Ka band.

Radar Roy seems to have pretty good info on all the options.

http://www.radarbusters.com/usajamme...Jammer:banner6

Quick Reply: Laser Jammers, who has installed on our cars?