Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The problem with posers is ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 03:09 PM
kodos78
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The problem with posers is ??

If people want to spend their time discussing this issue on the Internet, rather than driving their Mustang then so be it.
No one's calling for a law to hunt down people and throw them in jail! This is just a discussion

Besides, it's too windy out here to drive the Mustang right now

ORIGINAL: teksp0rt

frankly, i dont really care what anyone else does to thier car. thier "modding decisions" do not affect me in any direct way. go ahead and throw a gt500 front fascia on your car and put some cobra badges on your fender. if that is what you like so be it.... what is funny to me is all of the people that come on these boards (this is not the only one) and bash people for doing it... my advice: go drive your mustang, enjoy it, and get of the internet.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:11 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

to me it is all on what your intent is. I do not agree with the term poser. Not everyone changes their vehicle because of a financial reason< meaning they cant afford the real thing etc, I am one to state that the money I put into mine was pretty substantial. What is more important than the money I put into mine is the all out love, sweat and tears. my gt, gave pleasure to my dad and my son as well as I to work on together as a project. Now as far as having the money to buy a GT350, well unfortunately they do not exist and if they did I still would not buy one for the same reason I built my car they way I did. because it was a family thing. Just like when My dad called me last month excited that he found mea 2007 gt500 below sticker at a car dealer up in ct. he always does business with for the past 20++ years....So I signed the papers and had them notorized, now it sits in my dads garage until next spring or so when I can afford (timewise) to go up north and pick it up....to me the term poser is way over used. its your car, do what you want with it....guess what, I will not be making your payments, and no one makes mine...great people had died since back in the 1700's to give us these rights......enjoy life, enjoy family, enjoy freedom.... That is what a mustang owner needs to do,,,,,that is what americans do.....TJ
Old 11-21-2007, 03:11 PM
stangboy555
2nd Gear Member

Rolex's are a very poor example. An $80 imitation compared to a $1,000 rolex is like me going out and building a mustang in whatever flavor, Saleen, Roush, GT500 from a Honda Civic. I don't really see what the big deal is, we all start off with mustangs just like Saleen, Roush and the GT500.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:12 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

If people want to spend their time discussing this issue on the Internet, rather than driving their Mustang then so be it. No one's calling for a law to hunt down people and throw them in jail! This is just a discussion
I think you misinterpreted what I meant. I just hate it when people bash other people because they throw on a few cobra badges or a new front fascia. Why do they care so much that they have to put other people down?

to me it is all on what your intent is. I do not agree with the term poser. Not everyone changes their vehicle because of a financial reason< meaning they cant afford the real thing etc, I am one to state that the money I put into mine was pretty substantial. What is more important than the money I put into mine is the all out love, sweat and tears. my gt, gave pleasure to my dad and my son as well as I to work on together as a project. Now as far as having the money to buy a GT350, well unfortunately they do not exist and if they did I still would not buy one for the same reason I built my car they way I did. because it was a family thing. Just like when My dad called me last month excited that he found mea 2007 gt500 below sticker at a car dealer up in ct. he always does business with for the past 20++ years....So I signed the papers and had them notorized, now it sits in my dads garage until next spring or so when I can afford (timewise) to go up north and pick it up....to me the term poser is way over used. its your car, do what you want with it....guess what, I will not be making your payments, and no one makes mine...great people had died since back in the 1700's to give us these rights......enjoy life, enjoy family, enjoy freedom.... That is what a mustang owner needs to do,,,,,that is what americans do.....TJ
I read your posts and you have some valid arguments. However, I believe that you are truly one of the minority, as you can actually afford a GT500. Most people cannot, even at sticker price, and I am willing to bet that many people on this board are making payments on their Mustang GT's / v6's, etc. BTW, I like what you have done with your ride.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Folks have been building Shelby "replicas" since the 60's, right? Do I think it's right or would I do it myself? No, I wouldn't. Those cars are unique, that's why people pay 20k above sticker for them (which I think is really silly, actually). I guess when you have one with 10k miles on it in 20 years or so it won'tseem that silly, but I'm not wealthy enough yet (and I'd have to be REALLY wealthy) to buy a 50-60k car and not drive the wheels off it.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: teksp0rt

If people want to spend their time discussing this issue on the Internet, rather than driving their Mustang then so be it. No one's calling for a law to hunt down people and throw them in jail! This is just a discussion
I think you misinterpreted what I meant. I just hate it when people bash other people because they throw on a few cobra badges or a new front fascia. Why do they care so much that they have to put other people down?

I read your posts and you have some valid arguments. However, I believe that you are truly one of the minority, as you can actually afford a GT500. Most people cannot, even at sticker price, and I am willing to bet that many people on this board are making payments on their Mustang GT's / v6's, etc. BTW, I like what you have done with your ride.

thx, I appreciate your kind words. I know I may be the minority but I would still feel the same if i could not afford a gt500. Regardless of financial stature...the amount of money put into a car as I did mine is pretty substantial...I mean. heck even the ones who dont go supercharger etc are putting in the neightborhood of 4K ++++ to mod their ride. why do they do this.....BECAUSE they can....they have a love to do something to their car that MAKES them enjoy it more....I have bumped into and talked with quite a few people that some call posers on here....you know whats amazing, not a single one will say to you....HEY YOU LIKE MY MACH 1....or MY BOSS...or MY SHELBY....nope. everyone talks about their Mustang and what they did to it. I just feel that some people like vanilla ice cream and some like other flavors...does that make them bad...does that give someone the right to label them a poser...or fraud...no....it just means they want to create their own dream car in the vision that they will enjoy....to me a poser is the guy who takes a mustang and rebadges or whatever and then goes to a car show and enters it in as the rebadged vehicle....I can tell you I have never seen that yet in over 45 car shows I have been to in the past year....heck when I was a kid and my dad drove us in his actual 68 shelby gt350....no one ever cared what it was...it was a muscle car .....when we went to the old Dover Drag strip with his 63 corvette stingray split window....did anyone say hey that Cinnamon firemist is not factory color......nope...they said nice ride....I just think in todays society we worry too much about what everyone else is doing...everything these days is about extremes and status quo....you know what....no one is the minority or majority here....we are all just people stating our opinions...I just happen to think when someone changes their ride that "WOW...look at the time they put into that ride....man it looks awesome..." I never question whether they are attempting to be something they are not....now i will admit...if a guy drove up to me tomorrow and claimed he had a roush, saleen, shelby etc and wnt out of his way to say that he did with intention to mislead....that to me is still not a poser, that is just a confused person who thinks I care enough to pass judgment on his mustang by the label it carries...I just tell him GREAT STANG....because thats what it is.....ITS a MUSTANG....no posers here.....Just proud mustang owners.....design your car for you....Have fun...and keep safe....
Old 11-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I have a $2000 Sinn U2 watch on my wrist, but a moron driver on the street can't take it away from me in an instant. I'll divy up for that kind of stuff but I just couldn't bear to drive an authentic Shelby that I paid 60k for on my local streets and not feel stressed out. Maybereplicas ARE the way to go [8D].
Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 PM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rubrignitz

I just couldn't bear to drive an authentic Shelby that I paid 60k for on my local streets and not feel stressed out. Maybereplicas ARE the way to go [8D].
[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 11-22-2007, 10:35 PM
tdaddy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rubrignitz

I have a $2000 Sinn U2 watch on my wrist, but a moron driver on the street can't take it away from me in an instant. I'll divy up for that kind of stuff but I just couldn't bear to drive an authentic Shelby that I paid 60k for on my local streets and not feel stressed out. Maybereplicas ARE the way to go [8D].
+1 I would have to be really wealthy to drive anGT500 daily (esp cause im in college, a tree fell on a ranger in the parking lot and i wasn't cover by the school[]) hell im sketch aboutleaving myv6er out there.I can wear mytag aquaracer chronographeverywhere without worring (300m water resistence too). In fact i kinda have to cause it wont work if i don't gotta love those automatics!!!