Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunset Classes Congrats!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Sunset Classes Congrats!

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

Hey Jay, you got more pix of sleeper' louvers? Im thinking of doing them and wanted to see them done in yellow. I just noticed in a snapshot he had them. Your stripes just keep looking better everytime I look at the pix. Congrats.
Hey Joe,

Here's a couple of pictures of it, sorry dont have any close ups at the moment but can get some soon.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:36 AM
nitetimebolher
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

Exhaust tickets are always fightable unless the cop has a db meter. They can say it sounds too loud but can always be fought.
The cop must be a Chevy guy and gets tired of driving a slower car.
Do u mean fightable at court?
Because if i was to fight him for a db meter, he would prolly get pissed and make me pop the hood etc, and get me for everything I have.

My friend just recently got a citation for exhaust and he automatically got refereed. Another buddy of mine with a cobalt also got a ticket for tint and exhaust and it shows that he has to bring it to a referee station,
Old 11-20-2007, 02:51 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I had to take mine to CHP for a police inspection after a ticket about 4 months ago -- took all but a minute. Cop walked around the car, ask me to start it... I let idle for a few secs and signed me off saying "nice stang"
Old 11-20-2007, 09:16 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nitetimebolher

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

Exhaust tickets are always fightable unless the cop has a db meter. They can say it sounds too loud but can always be fought.
The cop must be a Chevy guy and gets tired of driving a slower car.
Do u mean fightable at court?
Because if i was to fight him for a db meter, he would prolly get pissed and make me pop the hood etc, and get me for everything I have.

My friend just recently got a citation for exhaust and he automatically got refereed. Another buddy of mine with a cobalt also got a ticket for tint and exhaust and it shows that he has to bring it to a referee station,
Fightable at both. I have been pulled over and tols my car was too loud. In a nice way I ask the cop if she knew the legal limit. She said not off hand but....So I showed her a copy of the vehicle code and the copy of my db reading I had done at my CHP office. I can't remember off hand but it's like 100 db at 4,000 rpms and 3-4 feet behind the car. I barley get close to that at WOT. I jet engine is that loud 100 feet away. So she said okay, but to fix my burnt out headlight which was out. Nothing for mine tinted lights. As for the ref, the first time you'll have to go. The second you can fight. Another story is my brothers driving to work in his car. Cop pulls him over and tells him to pop his hood. So knowing everything is legal and C.A.R.B approved he has no problem. Well the cop says he has modified emissions, that being a powder coated intake manifols and valve covers. Takes pictures and makes him go to a ref. He pays the $80 and goes to the ref only to pass. Well within a week later he is pulled over again and same crap. He even shows the cop that ha just had it passed and is told by the cop that it doesn't matter. C.A.R.B. doesn't matter and if he thinks it's modified and illegal he has to go again. He's the man. Well this was fought because it would cost another $80 dollars for something we know is legal. The judge sided with us and let the cop have it for thinking he was all powerful. If you're always nice when pulled over cops usually are cool. I'm sure Jay and them were but the guy must have had a donut stuck in arss.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default Sunset Classes Congrats!

I was actually going to tell the cop about the penal code but decided not too cause I didn't want him to pick out everything else on my stang ... It's a fix it ticket so O-well!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:36 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

Just saw this post, yalls stangs looked amazing! I really cant wait to get to the mainland for big shows like this. The ones out here in Hawaii are nice but they arent big with huge HP cars and big time show cars like this. The only guy on the island with lambo doors on his stang wins EVERY competition lol. I will be at SEMA next year if all goes according to plan so keep those stangs looking good

-james
Old 12-14-2007, 07:06 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

i just came across this post randomly and noticed that you guys were parked and chillin at the wadsworth theater in brentwood. I'm literally one city away, the palisades, i'm getting a mustang very soon and i've been a fan of all of your cars and the work that you've put into it. i hope you guys have another meet there soon because i'd love to check out those beautiful rides in person.

keep up the fantastic work.