Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto vs. Stick (Exhaust Note)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Mustang Madness

Default RE: Auto vs. Stick (Exhaust Note)

Yeah, different strokes for different folks, very true. I can’t wait to see the:
The NEW! Mustang Diesel, for those who need pulling power (I have a boat[sm=bangbang.gif]).
Or
The NEW! Mustang Hybrid, for the environmentally conscious (I wanna be part of the solution not the problem [:-]).

Old 12-06-2007, 11:27 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

they both have a place, we're all mustang brothas! chill out you guys! if you want to run consistant sub 12 second 1/4 mile times, a good auto sounds like teh choice for you. want to road race/take it through the twisties the manual is probably your weapon of choice. both can suck (if you cant drive a manual worth your life, or if youre trying to drive the auto through twisties) or be fun (an auto with a good tune is a fun stang to drive!) so quitcher bitchin and go what with you thinks better for you.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

[sm=dontgetit.gif]

The very topic of this thread means that you're going to hear from people who strongly favor one or the other. Can't hardly be avoided no matter how quietly any of us tiptoe around it. I don't see or feel anything here that's beyond good-natured teasing. Not yet, anyway.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Mustang_guy17
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drew47000000

I had an 05 in auto that i too hated at the time because of the above stated reasons, and then traded it for the manual I have now, but am reconsidering going back due to all the traffic im dealing with from now on. Oh and unforutnatly I'm in Florida, I wish I were in Cali though..
What part of florida do you live in?
Old 12-06-2007, 12:50 PM
sa3geabx
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustang Madness

Let me see, you drive a convertible with a auto, hey I'm OK (wink, wink) with your alternative lifestyle.[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

I drive an automatic convertible too. Bastard. [:@]
Old 12-06-2007, 01:28 PM
S197_GTvert
2nd Gear Member

+1 on the convertible auto
Old 12-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Mustang Madness

Hey, whats with the name callin? I was kidding when I made those comments. Don't get yourpanties in a bunch. The convert auto v6was made for chics [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif].

Really, sorry if I offended anyone. Its your car, get what you want. I'm just having a little fun.[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 12-06-2007, 04:29 PM
cbrstng08
2nd Gear Member

It's all manual for me. My first car was an automatic, and while i still loved that car, i wish it was a standard. Since then though it has been all manual. To me it just feels like you have more control over the car, that and it turns my fiance on to feel the shaft vibrate.[sm=smiley2.gif]
Old 12-06-2007, 08:05 PM
sa3geabx
2nd Gear Member

Hey, whats with the name callin? I was kidding when I made those comments. Don't get yourpanties in a bunch. The convert auto v6was made for chics [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif].

Really, sorry if I offended anyone. Its your car, get what you want. I'm just having a little fun.[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
I'm aware you were only kidding, so was I . And be that as it may, I still enjoy it. [:'(]
Old 12-08-2007, 11:03 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

Your style of fun is very revealing. Are you sure you want everyone to know that about you?

(Just having a little fun)

Quick Reply: Auto vs. Stick (Exhaust Note)