Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new v6, automatic or manual?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 03:36 PM
stangfreak2
2nd Gear Member

Default new v6, automatic or manual?

I am about to order a new 05 v6 and i am having trouble deciding between auto and manual...i have read multiple articles that say auto is just as fast as manual..but i dunno if thats true...any v6 owners out there i would love to hear your opinion...i also live in dallas tx so auto wud be less of a hassle but i want whatever is faster for the most part...thanx
Old 03-07-2005, 03:50 PM
shibumi

Default RE: new v6, automatic or manual?

Ya gotta go with the standard transmission, it's alot more fun and that's what a Mustang is all about. I've got the standard V6 and I would say it's faster than the automatic I test drove.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Assassins
1st Gear Member

Well depends on the programing chip in autos, and if you powershifting in manual. Also depends on the driver. There is not much difference. All depends on what you do because with auto you can manually change from 1 to the second gear.

Personally, I think if you get a Auto, you just want people to notic you. Like why dont they make a Viper Auto. Right?
Old 03-07-2005, 06:05 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

oh god not this again.. there was just a heated debate of auto Vs. stick... ill put my opinion once and then im done with this post

stick
manual
5 speed (oh yea the autos are 5 speed too... manual 5 speed )
um i dont know any other way to put it... but just get the manual... trust me.. manual

Old 03-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Assassins
1st Gear Member

Just a question, why does the Honda Accord have a 6 speed but mustang does not? I know the 6 gear is an overdrive cruz, but was wondering if there is somthing else.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Leseetsa

You will not be disappointed with the automatic. I wanted manual but didn't want to wait for an order. No regrets, none! All you miss is the touchy-feely visceral aspect. I spend so much time smiling I forget what I have!
Old 03-07-2005, 08:25 PM
JSlade8581
1st Gear Member

Buy the manual!

I used to have a Nissan 300ZX NA automatic - it was great until I drove a manual... You're just more involved with the whole driving process, and it really brought a huge grin to my face. The auto never did. =( I swore then that I would never buy another automatic sportscar.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:35 PM
n47h4n

I test drove a V6 automatic then a v6 manual.
To me the manual was considerably more fun to drive. It was interesting to drive both and compare (different dealers and different days).
So why spend the extra money?
I ordered the V6 with other options instead of automatic.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

Not a V6 owner, I bought the 05 GT. However, I did drive both, and have to say the auto does a great job. This is by large due to the fact that the V8 gets the 5spd. auto. Not sure if its available on the V6 or not. I bought the stick, mostly since I hadn't had a stick in years, and because it saved my almost $$ 1 grand on the cars price.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Titostang
1st Gear Member

i test drove the auto and the manual and i got the manual. the manual v6 feels really good. i think it has quicker power too, test drive em both thats what i did. goodluck

Quick Reply: new v6, automatic or manual?