Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its Official

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 06:42 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default Its Official

I'm the biggest RETARD on Mustangforums. So this is what happened. I ordered my intake and tuner about 5 or 6 months ago. You guys know how stupid I am, I installed the intake, took the SCT tuner and changed the octane to 93 and that was it. How stupid could I really be. So needless to say I was browsing around here the other day and seen a link for "how to tune your car with the SCT tuner" or something like that. And go figure, it showed how you put the disc in your computer, download it and then add it to your SCT tuner. So needless to say now I cant find my disc with my tunes on it so I emailed Brent at Brenspeed asking how much it would be to get another disc. My Wife said she remembers seeing the disc not to long ago, but we cant find it. And I really thought my car was faster after the intake was installed, looks like I'll be getting a big rude awakening when I actually get it tuned.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Its Official

wait dont they pre-load the tuner with the info you asked to be added to your tune? i didnt know you needed to use the disk either.... uggg lemme see if I can find it
Old 11-25-2007, 06:56 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

What kind of CAI are you using? I wouldn't think the car would run very well if the tune wasn't installed. Unless you have some sort of CAi that doesn't require a tune?
Old 11-25-2007, 07:03 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I'm running the C&L intake. When I was looking at the link that someone provided about how to install it, it shows the disc you get and once you install it on your computer you can manage what type of tunes you want. Like 93 torque, or 91 performance and stuff like that.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:03 AM
2007Grabber
2nd Gear Member

So what you're saying is that the tunes on the SCT Tuner are the canned ones that come with it? I was positive that Brent uploaded the tunes into the tuner before mailing them out. Guess I'll be trying the disk tunes as well. I could tell the difference in the performance immediately when I uploaded the tunes that were in the SCT when I took it out of the box. Will there be more from the tunes on the disk?
Old 11-25-2007, 07:07 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I'm really not sure guys. I just know in the link provided of how to install the tunes, you had to install the SCT disc that was sent to you, then you downloaded them to your computer, then you loaded them onto your SCT tuner with the cable provided with the tuner to hook into the computer.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:10 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Here is the link guys:

https://mustangforums.com/m_3117585/tm.htm

Old 11-25-2007, 07:11 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

I think i would call Brent first. I wouldn't think that C&L would run with out a tune. You should have noticeable problems with the car if your running it with out a tune for it.

Call Brent and ask him if he installs the tune on the SCT before shipping.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:15 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang

I think i would call Brent first. I wouldn't think that C&L would run with out a tune. You should have noticeable problems with the car if your running it with out a tune for it.

Call Brent and ask him if he installs the tune on the SCT before shipping.
Is the C&L intake that different to where it has to run with a tune? I know there are quite a few guys on this site that have intakes and no tunes. I've installed about 10-15 intakes on friends cars and my own cars and drove without a tune.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:25 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Gotta dollar that says you loaded Brent's 93 tune. He's not going to sell a tuner with someone else's tunes in it. I never got a CD, but the SCT with all three tunes loaded. After that, I had him email them to me so I'd have them on my computer. You would have been throwing crazy CELs if you didn't have the proper tune with the CAI.

Quick Reply: Its Official