Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

s/c question

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 12:40 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Default RE: s/c question

Start by looking at supercharger technology or the science of forced induction. Learn a bit about the different types and which one might suit your personal needs. Don't focus on brand names or the websites that promote one brand over another. Since mostsupercharger/turbocharger posters are 100% positive that their particular choice is the correct one, there's typicallya huge amount of bias on forums.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:12 PM
2k6silvergt
2nd Gear Member

I would recommend the saleen, whipple, or kenne bell. The saleen is covered under warranty if installed by a Ford dealership. However it depends on your dealership because I had to replace my radiator after installing the supercharger and I found a local dealer that said they would warranty the car still. So ya you definately need to call around and do some more homework before making this decision.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:47 PM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

I hesitate to offer advice to anyone contemplating a supercharger purchase on the basis of how it looks.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:50 PM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lieu910

I hesitate to offer advice to anyone contemplating a supercharger purchase on the basis of how it looks.
since i was a little kid collecting hot wheels, i picked the cars that looked the coolest. The way my car looks is always my first concern. I don't expect everyone to understand this, but also hope people will put their flame throwers away because after all, it's my car, time, and money going into it. I have a certain look that i want in a s/c, and then decide the performance/cost after that fact. I would not put lime green tires on my car because they would shave a small amount in the 1/4 mile. that's just how i am, and the hair dryer s/c's look about that bad to me. but, this is just my opinion, i'm sure others love them.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:52 PM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k6silvergt

I would recommend the saleen, whipple, or kenne bell. The saleen is covered under warranty if installed by a Ford dealership. However it depends on your dealership because I had to replace my radiator after installing the supercharger and I found a local dealer that said they would warranty the car still. So ya you definately need to call around and do some more homework before making this decision.
thank you. i wasn't sure if the saleen was covered. might be worth the few extra bucks. i think i'll revisit my first plan, wait until Feb. and do more research. thanks for your time guys.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:38 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k6silvergt

Not exactly correct, it has to be installed by an Authorized Saleen dealer or Saleen themselves to be warratned by any of the 300+ Saleen dealers/installers. Ford has absolutely nothing to do with your blower or drivetrain after you put a blower in it. Now youCAN have 1 dealer backed warranty that installed the brand X SC however it won't do you any good when you go on a road trip and break down out of state. Iknow this first hand and can speak from experience that I had to get towed to an Authorized Saleen dealer for them to work on my car, even though I was 12 miles from a Ford dealer, they towed me 65 miles away to get it worked on in the next city over. The bright side was it was covered under warranty, even the tow bill, and I had no out of pocket expenses whatsoever.Ford roadside did jack crap to help me out with my 4200 mile 07GTwhen I broke down on the side of the highway for 6 hours.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:29 PM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: akumaky

since i was a little kid collecting hot wheels, i picked the cars that looked the coolest. The way my car looks is always my first concern. I don't expect everyone to understand this, but also hope people will put their flame throwers away because after all, it's my car, time, and money going into it. I have a certain look that i want in a s/c, and then decide the performance/cost after that fact. I would not put lime green tires on my car because they would shave a small amount in the 1/4 mile. that's just how i am, and the hair dryer s/c's look about that bad to me. but, this is just my opinion, i'm sure others love them.
No need to explain. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but I wish you luck.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:33 PM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: akumaky

No need to explain. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but I wish you luck.
what part does not make sense. i will try and clarify.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:51 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I wouldn't do the roush. It blows much hotter air than whipple, saleen or kennebell and it takes more power to operate than a twin screw.

If I may be frank. If you are that worried about your warranty then you can't really afford any of them. Just my opinion. If you have the 3 year warranty then just wait for it to expire. If you bought an extended warranty then get your money back now.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:53 PM
mattsimonton
2nd Gear Member

Im a KB fan, Thats what Im running, However make sure you beef up the bottom end if you are planning to play alot or your going to pay alot...lol

Quick Reply: s/c question