Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership problems.....again......

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

Default Dealership problems.....again......

Some of you may have read my last post complaining about the service at Apple Ford, but this is a seperate issue.

Anyway, I took my car in this weekend to have the thunking issue fixed in my right front wheel, they had called me the week before and let me know that the parts were in, so I did the night drop on Friday night, since i had an 8 am appointment on Saturday......anyway i called them twice on saturday to see if it was gonna be finished or not. They eventually tell me that after working on it all day that "those strut mount replacements take time, and we'll have to keep it until monday" so i made ride arrangements for the rest of the week. Anyway around 11:30 today, i get a call asking me where my wheel lock key is for my rims.....my first thought is you've had my car all day saturday and for about 4 hours monday, and your just now taking the wheel off?!?! Unfortunately i was in front of a client at work, and just told them that i put it in the glove compartment, now im asking your guys' opinions before i call them and start to yell.....

Is there any reason why they are just now taking the wheel off? Or should they have already needed to take the wheel off to replace the upper strut mount. This might seem stupid on my part, but I was just making sure before i make a fool out of myself. A day and a half seems excessive to have the car and possibly not even have touched it, especially with an 8 AM appointment on saturday.

Thanks for your advice guys......this is the last time i deal with Apple Ford....

Zach
Old 11-26-2007, 01:49 PM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Dealership problems.....again......

I'm quessing the upper strut mountsare a 2 hour job from start to finish.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:22 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Yep, less than that. They just never got to it in the first place.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:32 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

i waited on mine when i dropped it off, its boring but i like the hotdogs and dont mind watching sportscenter took about 2 hours. not much you can say just goto a different dealership
Old 11-26-2007, 04:40 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

They dropped the ball by not looking for
the wheel lock in the glove compartment
in the first place. [:@]
You my friend are getting jerked around.
Sorry to hear about Fords crummy service.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

I always ask how long it will take, and I always wait.
they seem to get things done faster if I wait.
And they have decent coffee and danishes at the dealership I go to.
I know it's more expensive to have work done at the dealership, but I make up the difference in danishes.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:24 PM
alex0o85
2nd Gear Member

you get danishes? All we get is coloring books. well, the kids get coloring books, but what else am i supposed to do?!
Old 11-26-2007, 06:32 PM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

I have to say, nothing makes me more angry at a dealer than this thing they do where your appointment means nothing and they just park your car somewhere until they feel like getting to it. The wait is always 10 times as long as it actually takes to do the work. They DO work faster if you wait, because they bump all the dropper-offers back behind you and make up BS stories when they call to ask if their car's done. I've also had good luck lately with getting a loaner. Things that have taken a week in the past seem to take about a day when I'm driving one of their cars.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:43 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

start screamin buddy. just remember... the service writers get paid on your opinion in the form of a survey. just let him or her know that unless your problems are resolved like ... yesterday... that your gonna slam his a$$ on the survey. they hate that, but it will 9 times out of 10 get the job done. trust me, i work at a dealer (not ford, benz) and when someone comes and threatens a bad survey, the writer is back in the shop breathing down our necks all the sudden. but you are correct, they dont really care. first problem, your under warranty, second problem, you left the car with them. allways try to wait for it. it's actually much quicker. go in and tell him your waiting on it, leave but give him your cell phone # and tell him your going to walk the lot and look at used cars or something, and go home and wait for a call.

but really, threaten a bad survey and express your concern to the service manager. i am sure if you tell him you'll never return something will be done.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

So i got a call saying that i could pick up my car, but that the thunking noise was not fixed, but it was better. They have to order a new swaybar and links for it, and ill have to take it back in. But anyway i go in, pick up my car, and before i get in it to take off i go up to a service writer (mine had conveniently left for the day) and i asked about why they had jus called for my wheel locks today, and no saturday, and he blatantly told me that more than likely my car got pushed back on saturday and possibly not even touched at all. Then he gave me the typical, " theres only 8 techs here on saturdays as opposed to 26 on weekdays, if your gonna do nightdrop do it then, not on weekends cuz they tend to cater to the people who wait for their cars to be ready"....so i said "so what your telling me is, its not your guys fault that you blatantly lied to me on saturday and said you were working on it, but that its my fault because i chose to to the night drop on a weekend and not a weeknight?" to which his response was....."yea basically, sorry about that" so after getting into it a little more about not lying to me about it, i stormed out, got in my car and then when i drove off, the thunking is now TWICE as bad, its much louder and much much worse than it was, when i got home they were closed, but i called and left a message about how they lied to me again telling me that the noise was "not fixed, but better" which is just ridiculous........ugh, here we go again....

zach

Quick Reply: Dealership problems.....again......