Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership Did a Number on My Door

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:14 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dealership Did a Number on My Door

he would be in the hospitial and id be in jail
Old 11-26-2007, 10:18 PM
sawyer
3rd Gear Member

Wholy Tommy Boy!!! That sucks man[&:]If you hit a deer do not think it is dead and put it in your back seat.

I would take the parts off of the new one and ditto on the stripes or rims.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:19 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I would start with that option and move down from there.

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Whatever you do, don't let them take it to a body shop and have it repainted... You will regret this down the road TRUST ME. Your paint will never be the same on that door.

-Jeff
Can try a door off of another stang but it is not that likely to match as well as you might expect. Make sure you see it in natural daylight. Even if they pulled a fender and a door off of another for you, the rear qtr match is in question. There is nothing wrong with having it painted at a body shop if it is a quality shop. Many shops will provide a better result than an OE finish particularly if they sand and buff the clear (it won't have the OE orange peel) [b]If it was me I would be talking about a trade for a new one; let them fix and sell what they have created.[/b]
Old 11-26-2007, 10:19 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Whatever you do, don't let them take it to a body shop and have it repainted... You will regret this down the road TRUST ME. Your paint will never be the same on that door.

-Jeff
Can try a door off of another stang but it is not that likely to match as well as you might expect. Make sure you see it in natural daylight. Even if they pulled a fender and a door off of another for you, the rear qtr match is in question. There is nothing wrong with having it painted at a body shop if it is a quality shop. Many shops will provide a better result than an OE finish particularly if they sand and buff the clear (it won't have the OE orange peel) If it was me I would be talking about a trade for a new one; let them fix and sell what they have created.

OOO, sweet revenge, I like the way you think, +1
Old 11-26-2007, 10:25 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

-Jeff
Can try a door off of another stang but it is not that likely to match as well as you might expect. Make sure you see it in natural daylight. Even if they pulled a fender and a door off of another for you, the rear qtr match is in question. There is nothing wrong with having it painted at a body shop if it is a quality shop. Many shops will provide a better result than an OE finish particularly if they sand and buff the clear (it won't have the OE orange peel) If it was me I would be talking about a trade for a new one; let them fix and sell what they have created.
Yes, you are correct but they can not match an OEM paint job. They can do better than an OEM paint job for sure, but do you want to see orange peel all over your car except for your door where they painted better?

-JEff
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

3 months old. man... that sux. i'd ask to swap cars.
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Yeah, +1.
If not, they will definately be pulling the 18" polished bullitts off the '08 vapor on the lot, along with the new door and fender.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:27 PM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

OH, IF YOU LEAVE THE NUMBER TO THE DEALER, AND THE GM'S NAME, I'LL CALL HIM AND TELL HIM THAT I WILL NEVER BUY A CAR THERE UNLESS HE MAKES IT RIGHT WITH YOU. MAYBE OTHERS HERE WILL DO THE SAME. BUT THEN WE'D NEED YOUR NAME TOO. sorry for caps... ooops
Old 11-26-2007, 10:37 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Wow thats brutal! I would expect it to be repaired and compensation to be rendered.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:38 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Ouch... that's painful just looking at it. I doubt they'd give you a new car, even though it would be nice. I'd point out that since they damaged it that the resale value will not be the same, then I'd see what they say and then ask for compensation. Maybe they could give you some nice accessories (wheels, stripes, FRPP V6 performance kit, etc.). I don't know if they'd make a few of your payments... just be really difficult with them and make them see it your way so that you can be compensated fairly for what you've endured.

Quick Reply: Dealership Did a Number on My Door