Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership Did a Number on My Door

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:26 PM
ChargerGuy

Default Dealership Did a Number on My Door

I dropped off mythree month old '08at Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax, VA for my 5000 mile service this morning. Went to pick it up this evening, the porter pulls the car around and as he opens the door another dealership employee tries to pass on the drivers side. He wound up catching the door on the side of his car and wrenching it forward wayyyy past its limits. Needless to sayI was absolutely livid. After I took pictures they pulled it in and started looking at it. Bent hinges, obviously the door is toast. Doesn't look like the fender was damaged, amazingly. Their proposed solution is to take parts off a new Vapor '08 and replace the ones on my car. What do you guys think? I am not accepting anything that requires paint, other than factory applied. I am concerned about the resale. Not sure where to go with this or what to press for. What should my reasonable expectations be?

[IMG]local://upfiles/74689/3D78C69DF93B471FBF12041036140F09.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/74689/D1F626AEAB4342D5A3DFBF000B15938E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/74689/2F6B7498B7B341BF843B331A0CDBA171.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-26-2007, 09:35 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Dealership Did a Number on My Door

Welcome to the Forum.....

As God as my witness, I would be in jail by now......[:@][:@]

Have em swap the fender out too, just for good measure.....And did I hear you say that you wanted upgraded wheels, or some stripes????[8D][8D]
loots06
5th Gear Member

expect to have it fixed
Askn89

I would go for the parts off a new car, if they are willing to do so. Thats really the only way you are going to get the factory paint you want.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:36 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Sounds like a fair solutions so long as the color matches perfectly. Remember one important thing... depreciation of value. Make them give you some sort of compensation since you car is no longer perfect like it was before. Weather it be free oil changes, discount at the parts dept. etc. However, I would make sure your door is 100% straight before I settle anything.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:38 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

That sucks man!

I wouldn't worry about them painting it. Because they most probably will do it good and warranty it.
But I would ask for more than that! For example, free maintenance for the first 36,000 miles.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:47 PM
z06stang
1st Gear Member

man that sux. i would definately make them do take off parts or whatever you want and make it to your satifaction and be sure nothing else is bent and it all aligns up right. the porters shouldn't be allowed to move cars. when i took delivery of mine one went to fill the tank up a half a block away and i was watching him come back and he was just banging the gears. man i was livid
Old 11-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

When I read the title of this thread.......I pictured a scratch or something like that......But THIS!!!!!

Damn....I would have totally lost it.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:52 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Whatever you do, don't let them take it to a body shop and have it repainted... You will regret this down the road TRUST ME. Your paint will never be the same on that door.

-Jeff
Old 11-26-2007, 10:01 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Whatever you do, don't let them take it to a body shop and have it repainted... You will regret this down the road TRUST ME. Your paint will never be the same on that door.

-Jeff
Can try a door off of another stang but it is not that likely to match as well as you might expect. Make sure you see it in natural daylight. Even if they pulled a fender and a door off of another for you, the rear qtr match is in question. There is nothing wrong with having it painted at a body shop if it is a quality shop. Many shops will provide a better result than an OE finish particularly if they sand and buff the clear (it won't have the OE orange peel) If it was me I would be talking about a trade for a new one; let them fix and sell what they have created.

Quick Reply: Dealership Did a Number on My Door