Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vs WRX STi

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 06:14 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

Default RE: vs WRX STi

ahhh That Sucks...But hey at least you lost to a decent car, the sti's can be pretty nasty...

Oh and +1 on the Pics
Old 11-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: STi Rob

ORIGINAL: Rubrignitz

Hey Sti Rob. Do you wanna see pics of his car to see if that's the stang you picked off the other day?
Thats funny.Ive only run one Mustang with my STi and that was my neighbors Mach 1. I waswanting to see pics to get Ideas for my Mustang I have ordered. There is an unbelievable amount of parts for these cars and Im just trying to see as many different combinations as possible. That and I just like cars in general.

Rob
Are you going to keep your sti since you ordered a mustang? What kinda did you order?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:56 PM
STi Rob
1st Gear Member

A "little" improvement? I've had mine for about 6 mos. now and I've done all exterior/performance mods. It's becoming painfully obvious that I should have spent some more money on suspension. After the increase in performance, the suspension becomes really bad. My front end points toward the SKY every time I get on it. Too much power, not enough suspension. But, the mustang is in a raw form when you purchase it. SWEET engine with lots of potential and the suspension has lots of potential also, you just have to feed it $$$$.
Well maybe more than a little.Ive got my eye on the frpp suspension package but I need to drive a Shelby GT to see if it will suit my needs. When you get those coilovers on your car you wont beleive the difference they make. Im runnung Ohlins coiloverson my STi. It was the last mod I did, it shouldve been the first.

Rob
Old 11-28-2007, 07:01 PM
STi Rob
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustang3GT07

ORIGINAL: STi Rob

Hey Sti Rob. Do you wanna see pics of his car to see if that's the stang you picked off the other day?
Thats funny.Ive only run one Mustang with my STi and that was my neighbors Mach 1. I waswanting to see pics to get Ideas for my Mustang I have ordered. There is an unbelievable amount of parts for these cars and Im just trying to see as many different combinations as possible. That and I just like cars in general.

Rob
Are you going to keep your sti since you ordered a mustang? What kinda did you order?
Yes Im keeping the STi. Ill be trading in my Mazdaspeed 6. I ordered an 08 vapor GT premium with spoiler delete my STi has enough spoiler for 3 or 4 cars.

Rob
Old 11-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Don't even waste your money on the FRPP parts. They suck. Tein makes a killer coilover for the stang. I'm sure you're familiar with them. The only thing that changed my mind about the H&R's is that they are adjustable from 1-2' f/r (Teins are 1.5-2.5 f/r). With my 4' driveshaft I'm worried about clearance problems and the H&R's are quality pieces. I wouldn't buy anything thats not TUV certified and H&R are.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:10 PM
STi Rob
1st Gear Member

Don't even waste your money on the FRPP parts. They suck. Tein makes a killer coilover for the stang. I'm sure you're familiar with them. The only thing that changed my mind about the H&R's is that they are adjustable from 1-2' f/r (Teins are 1.5-2.5 f/r). With my 4' driveshaft I'm worried about clearance problems and the H&R's are quality pieces. I wouldn't buy anything thats not TUV certified and H&R are.
Thanks for the heads up on frpp parts, I have so much to learn about these cars its not even funny. Ive spent countless hoursresearching exhausts aloneand Istill cant make adecision. Whatprogrammer are you using and who did your tuning? I live in Houston and I will soon be looking for a tuner and I wouldnt be against driving to Austin if I had too.

Rob
Old 11-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

Hey Rob, thats too funny I traded in my Mazdaspeed6 for my current GT I love this so much more than the speed6, granted its a different car and fun in its own right, but the stang is just, awesome...
Old 11-28-2007, 07:20 PM
STi Rob
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black05StangGT

Hey Rob, thats too funny I traded in my Mazdaspeed6 for my current GT I love this so much more than the speed6, granted its a different car and fun in its own right, but the stang is just, awesome...
I realy enjoy the speed6 but with no engine management available theres not much you can do to mod it for perfromance. I had no intention of getting rid of it until I went with a buddy of mine to the Ford dealership so he could look at Mustangs. Well after a test drive I was hooked and ordered one the next day.I cant remember the last time I was this excited about a car, I cant wait to get. it.

Rob
Old 11-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Motion Dynamics in Pflugerville, TX did my tune and all upgrades except Hurst shifter and audio. Great bunch of guys. We're about 3 hrs from you though...

http://www.motion-dynamics.net/

Old 11-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Ah yeah, I'm SCT tuned and have the entire JBA exhaust from LT header to axle back. Sounds really mean. The only thing that is bothering me now is the suspension. It'sdesigned for old lady's, seriously...

Quick Reply: vs WRX STi