Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need reasons to keep my mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:56 PM
tlpvt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: need reasons to keep my mustang

ORIGINAL: SnakeFan

Jeep....6 speed manual???
yeah, its a german-built (mercedes?) unit. actually, it shifts alot nicer/quieter/precisely thanmy mustang's 5spd. I was surprised when I tried it -didn't feel like atruck transmission at all.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:06 PM
tlpvt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: akumaky

I have owned a jeep. The soft top noise drove me nuts. I could not stand the zippers always sticking, and the weather always biting. If it isn't a hard top, you know why he wants out. That's all i have to say.
it was surprisingly quiet (well, not a lexusGS of course), butat ~85mph could talk 1/2 voice to the passenger - no problem.took it through an automatic touchlesscarwash to check for leaks - didn't find any. it has full doors with roll-up windows, I guess that makes a difference. we have like average300 sunnydays in a year here - so I plan to keep the top off a lot.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:10 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

You're the one that will be driving it, so you make the decision. Just don't regret it afterwards.

Edit: If you need reasons to keep your Mustang, then I would honestly get the JEEP.

-Jeff
+1
Old 11-28-2007, 11:14 PM
tlpvt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Living in Colorado, I'm surprised you don't have a 4wd vehicle. Sounds tempting. Weigh your options(fuel cost, insurance costs, etc.) of the Jeep vs V-6 and come to a conclusion best for you.(ps, you can always buy a hardtop for it).
well, I have '04 explorer, but itsno good on trails, its like a subaru...[sm=headbang.gif]
Old 11-28-2007, 11:26 PM
tlpvt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

You're the one that will be driving it, so you make the decision. Just don't regret it afterwards.

Edit: If you need reasons to keep your Mustang, then I would honestly get the JEEP.

-Jeff
well, we're talking stock basic V6 that I have doubts about. Iwish I couldget a GT instead, but that willtakelike 10+k$ (with comparable mileage ant still on warranty). for the jeep I am not paying anything.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:35 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

I don't know why you keep getting beaten by such sh!tty cars... I rented a sixer for a week and actually found it pretty quick (quicker than I expected it would be, except for after 80mph). But to answer your question, I'm not a big fan of Wranglers and think they are ugly cars. Don't do it, you might enjoy it in the beginning, but later on you'll be regretting it.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:46 PM
tlpvt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mightymouse

I had an 06 Jeep and it was fun but keep in mind that you will want to mod it to and the term Just Empty Every Pocket is very true.. If you do get it the first thing i would upgrade if i were you is a set of lockers or power tracks and dana 60's front and rear it's a big plus when you on the trails..
lockers are not that expensive... actually, it has ESP which is kind of a locker by itself - it selectively applies brake to one of the spinning wheels on the axle thereforesending more power to the other one and it works in 4WD_low.
stock dana44 rear/30 front is not too bad fora beginner, I think.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:28 AM
tlpvt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: simplexdesign

Its a Mustang forum...Most are going to say stang....But its up to what you want to do more....Offroad or Racetrack....if you go racetrack I would try trading your v6 in for a v8....As far as the Jeeps go they are nice but I wouldnt get anything but a Rubicon
maybe offroad racing?! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]the best of both worlds...
racetrack is fun, but it quickly getsvery expensive andvery dangerous if one really gets into it.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

go for it!
Lose the V-6, get the Jeep and save up for a FASTER Mustang when you have the cash!
If you're in Colorado most anywhere there is a need for a Jeep and it'll make a great daily driver when you finally feel the need for speed again!
Old 11-29-2007, 02:44 PM
tlpvt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: olvanish

I don't know why you keep getting beaten by such sh!tty cars... I rented a sixer for a week and actually found it pretty quick (quicker than I expected it would be, except for after 80mph). But to answer your question, I'm not a big fan of Wranglers and think they are ugly cars. Don't do it, you might enjoy it in the beginning, but later on you'll be regretting it.
those sh!tty cars do 0-60in like6+secrangewith automatic. stock v6 stang is 7sec, and theshifts aren't always perfect...[sm=trust_me.gif]

Quick Reply: need reasons to keep my mustang