Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint for lights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:58 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Default Tint for lights?

I want to tint my Gt's lights soon. I am planning on doing the headlights, front turn signals, rear markers, and 3rd brakelight. I already have 5% on my windows. I was thinking either 5% 0r 15%, what do you guys think? Does anyone have any pics of their lights tinted 5 or 15%, in daytime and at night with the lights on? Thanks
Old 11-29-2007, 01:28 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tint for lights?

do they make overlays that dark?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

... 5 on headlights? I hope you dont live near me and drive at night thats just dumb why not just paint over them?

20 is the DARKEST you should go and I have 30 and its kinda dark so be careful
Old 11-29-2007, 02:27 AM
blike
2nd Gear Member

5% seems way too dark for headlight tint. I'd just buy headlight covers and pull them off at night if you're wanting to go that dark
Old 11-29-2007, 03:46 AM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blike

5% seems way too dark for headlight tint. I'd just buy headlight covers and pull them off at night if you're wanting to go that dark
agreed get the plastic covers that black out your headlights for the day and take em off so you CAN drive at night. Or you can do the 20 or 30 tint that headlightarmor.com offers. Great company my headlights, foglights, and tailights are all using their covers (yellow fogs, 20 tint on brakes 30 tint on headlights)
Old 11-29-2007, 03:49 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I say if you do it just go ahead and paint them -- mine are painted black candy

[img][/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 03:53 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I have the avs head light covers, I just took off my clear corners and tinted my stock corners with tint that isnt permanent, I bought the wrong stuff at auto zone by accident so i tried it anyway and it worked out good, especially for the side markers, lil bit of tape around the top edges to make sure it dont decide to peel. Then for the fogs I think I am going to put on the tint that sticks but for now I have the one i can take off on it. Tint is 5% and you cant see sh*t from your lights with all of them on at night. The turn signal you can actually see fine at night and so so during the day. It looks nastymean if you ask me, I have 5% on the rest of the car and 35% on front winshield to so my hole car is basiclly blacked out. Thehorse on the front is such a ye sore to me now[:'(]Ill get a few pics of it up so you can see it.

p.s The non permanent tint is good incase u get pulled over to can maybe bullsh*t ya way out of ticket, say u wree at a car show or photo shoot and you just forgot to take them off, and just peel them off right then and there
Old 11-29-2007, 08:49 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

I have my front lights tinted that dark, No night shots though. They do dim the lights thats why I left the fogs uncovered.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

I have all mine done

SMoked though
Old 11-29-2007, 10:34 AM
07BeastGT
2nd Gear Member

I agree with Prime. I had all of my lights tinted 5%. Couldn't see anything. So I took off all the tint, and only replaced the headlights with 35% or 25%. Gonna go darker though. It looks almost blue.
Might do a write up, its fairly simple.

Quick Reply: Tint for lights?