Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti-Theft System

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 04:55 PM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Anti-Theft System

I have the anti theft option and everything works except for the auto windows. I have tried everything and it still does not work. I read in a earlier thread that Ford may have removed the option due to problems.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:10 PM
avanbroc

Do you arm the system just by pushing the lock button once, or do you have to push it twice?
Old 05-10-2005, 03:34 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: avanbroc

Do you arm the system just by pushing the lock button once, or do you have to push it twice?
Pushing the lock button on the remote once or the lock button on the door once prior to closing. The lights will flash once indicating that the system is armed.

Pushing the button twice on the remote arms the system and honks the horn.

Either way will arm the alarm.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:43 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

I've heard that Ford will activate this feawture for free, but the dealer I got the car at doesn't know what I'm talking about. A different dealer says they can do it, but it's $85 since I didn't buy the car there. Sounds like a load of crap to me! It's still FORD, they should honor it anywhere.

ORIGINAL: ajmstang

I have the anti theft option and everything works except for the auto windows. I have tried everything and it still does not work. I read in a earlier thread that Ford may have removed the option due to problems.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Somewhat like silver said...

The auto window stuff has to be activated in the cars computer! WHY Ford doesn't make it the default is way beyone me to explain because I'm not a stupid engineer! but... have your Ford guy activate it and it will work.

as for a dealership charging to activate something that should have been activated to start with!! ... that Dealership obviously doesn't want your business... take it somewhere else! THAT item is a warentee issue and the dealer will get paid by Ford for fixing it. (even if the fix means activating!). Rip off dealership double billing!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:52 PM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

I went to my dealer for a sceond time about this and they told me that Ford discontinued this feature for all cars built after Jan 3rd. Customers were complaining that the windows would drop on their own and some vehicles were damaged due to rain. So Ford stopped it. I heard that there was going to be a mod out in August that would address this probelm but it was only going to offered to cars built before Jan 3rd.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:55 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ajmstang

I went to my dealer for a sceond time about this and they told me that Ford discontinued this feature for all cars built after Jan 3rd. Customers were complaining that the windows would drop on their own and some vehicles were damaged due to rain. So Ford stopped it. I heard that there was going to be a mod out in August that would address this probelm but it was only going to offered to cars built before Jan 3rd.

That's funny, mine has a build date after that and they were activated prior to me purchasing it. Hmmmm........
Old 05-10-2005, 06:40 PM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

Just let us know if the windows drop on their own. I plan on going back to the dealer in August and demand they add this feature. I don't car when the car was built I paid for it.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:06 PM
riff

RE: Windows up/down using the remote. See page 66 of the manual. You need to have the active anti-theft system and the accessory delay feature must not be activated for this feature to work.

p 44. Accessory delay: the window switches and radio may be used for up to ten minutes afte the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position....

I haven't found where it tells you how to turn off the accessory delay. But if it is one feature over the other, I think I would rather use the accessory delay feature.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:31 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

I'd rather have the window feature, I could always just leave the key turned on to roll down the windows. But to lower the windows with the transmitter to get it cooled off in inside , now that I want.

I don't know if there is a way to disable to accessory delay or not at home, or if the dealer has to do that.

Anyone heard of this before?

ORIGINAL: riff

RE: Windows up/down using the remote. See page 66 of the manual. You need to have the active anti-theft system and the accessory delay feature must not be activated for this feature to work.

p 44. Accessory delay: the window switches and radio may be used for up to ten minutes afte the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position....

I haven't found where it tells you how to turn off the accessory delay. But if it is one feature over the other, I think I would rather use the accessory delay feature.

Quick Reply: Anti-Theft System