Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can I get some advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:09 AM
hugh boobas
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: can I get some advice?

In my home country cows are holy. I worshiped your mom and heroin there.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:10 AM
alex0o85
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tritonpwrd

Yea the sticker price on my car was $30,200 but was able to talk it down to 26 out the door. I used an A plan pin, but anyone could easily get an x plan pin and it should help out a few thousand off. Just dont mention you have any pins until you negotiate what they are going to give you for trade-in or else they will just screw you on the trade. Best thing to do is just go to a dealership see what they will give you for your trade then go from there.
One thing I've learned also is always buy a car towards the end of the month, they kinda tend to deal with you a little better to get the sale.
thanks, i think I will do just that. It never hurts to just ask. but what's an x plan?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:14 AM
tritonpwrd
2nd Gear Member

x plan is special pricing ford gives out to friends and family but alot of companies also give it out to there employees. I dont know where you work but alot of major companies offer it, just ask your HR person or a manager.
Either way if you cant get it, just go and talk to them. Cars could always be talked down alot.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:16 AM
alex0o85
2nd Gear Member

ok thanks.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:17 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Your going to be upside down, you still owe 19000.00+30000.00 = 49000.00 - whatever they'll give you for trade in. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but this never works out in your favor, it always works out for the dealer. Think over it long and hard before you sign anything. Alot of young people fall into this trap and end up in a mess financially. V-8 means more tickets, which mean more money for lawyers, which means etc.etc.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:03 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to tell u but I think if you trade in your car you're gonna get screwed. Owing 19k and them probably estimating it at 17k it means that 2 thousand dollar difference is gonna add up to the price of the GT. that means a 30k mustang would come up to 32 and with no money down, 5.9 apr and financing for 60 months you'd be looking at 618 dollars. Now I don't know why your insurance is so high. I got my GT 1 month before I turned 22 and at that time I was paying 298 a month and that's in LA which is notorious for it's higher insurance rates. Just by looking at how much you're paying for a sixer I'd say you're looking at about 350-400 on insurance which means your car is gonna add up to 1k a month and that's without gas included.
P.S. the trade in value of your car could value, depends on the dealership you go to and of course the condition and the mileage, but I'm pretty sure that's what you're gonna be looking at.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:18 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

dont do it, you owe to much for the current car and the insurance will go up a good amount also....its just not worth it IMO
Old 12-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

I agree with Matt. As much as I agree you should get a GT. It is going put you upside doun in your payments. Enjoy the car you have now, and save for one in the future.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:59 AM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

A car is to get you from point A to point B, well at least to some people. You're still 22, which means you got a lot ahead of you. Why sign up on a really bad deal, when you owe so much and your insurance is so high?

I mean, if you have money to throw away, go for it. I don't see a lot of 22 year old just throwing it away, including myself. Keep the car you have now, it runs good doesn't it? Your trade in value will be crap, you're looking at 12k or 13k IF that. Trust me, I know. I work for a dealer (no I don't sell) and they go by the black book value, not the kbb ever (lol).

And 30k for a stang is waaaaay too much. I was going to buy a 31k GT premium fully loaded with everything, heated seats and whatnot for 22k out the door! I just got smarter and decided I didn't really "need" it. (keep in mind I work for Ford). More MPG, More insurance bigger payments and I have college tuition to worry about and etc. etc.

Sit down and think it through. That's all.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:31 AM
akumaky
2nd Gear Member

did you say you pay 530a month for a v6? holy crap man. you must have been upside down, and had some bad credit. man, save some money, fix your credit, wait til you hit 25 when insurance drops, and get the new Camaro, or the new Mustang that are coming out soon. If you are that in need of a better car that you're willing to pay those prices, than you'll just be right back where you are now when the new mustang, and camaro come out, and you know it. so just learn to relax, wait and make a plan that won't screw you in ten years.

Quick Reply: can I get some advice?