Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can I get some advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 10:47 AM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: can I get some advice?

First of all from the insurance standpoint it is actually better to have you gf on the policy with you if she doesn't have a crappy driving record. 2 cars on a policy makes the price per car on insurance less. I say this assuming you two share the insurance payments. What I mean is, your car alone can be for example $1200 every 6 mos. that equals $200 per month. And your gf for example if she were on her own policy with her car could be $1200 every 6 mos. also. So you two together pay $2400 every 6 mos or 400 per mo. But if both cars are on the same policy you get a multi-vehicle discount and pay like 1500 every 6 mos or about 125 a mo. for each of you. Get it? If you get the GT and take your gf off the policy you will pay more, you will not save.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:49 AM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

Does your gf have a car, I just noticed you didn't mention that.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:04 PM
HDFINDER47
1st Gear Member

Burn the stang, get the insurance money, buy a '87 Civic, put the difference in the bank, put aside whatever a month you are savingand buy whatever you want when you turn 25. (j/k about the insurance fraud part)
Old 12-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

I hate to say it (I was young..... ONCE!) but patience is a virtue.

Idont expect you to take the following advice but I will offer it anyway.

The best thing you could do is get out of the V-6 at the best price you can.
Even if you have to take less than you owe and pay some out of pocket.
Buy a beater to get you around for acouple of yearsand save some money.
Then in a couple of years when you are able to afford to put at least 20% down
and finance on 36 months you will be ready to buy.You dont have to put 20% down or
finance on 36 months if the incentives make another alternative more attractive
but you should be able to. This will keep you from being upside down again.
You would just keep the 20% in the bank and continue to save what the extra payment would have been.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:20 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Never say an accident wasn't your fault. All accidents are the fault of all parties. Even if someone rear ended you or ran a redlight the fact is you should've been 110% aware of everything at every moment and ready to evade or do what was needed to avoid the collision. Not being prepared for a hit is as much fault as making the hit.

Theres a reason someone never get in an accident their entire lives and some get in several by age 21 or 22..... Legally fault or no fault
Old 12-01-2007, 02:31 PM
mattthecat
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tritonpwrd

Yea the sticker price on my car was $30,200 but was able to talk it down to 26 out the door. I used an A plan pin, but anyone could easily get an x plan pin and it should help out a few thousand off. Just dont mention you have any pins until you negotiate what they are going to give you for trade-in or else they will just screw you on the trade. Best thing to do is just go to a dealership see what they will give you for your trade then go from there.
One thing I've learned also is always buy a car towards the end of the month, they kinda tend to deal with you a little better to get the sale.
you are only paying 1200ininterest?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:38 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

Never say an accident wasn't your fault. All accidents are the fault of all parties. Even if someone rear ended you or ran a redlight the fact is you should've been 110% aware of everything at every moment and ready to evade or do what was needed to avoid the collision. Not being prepared for a hit is as much fault as making the hit.

Theres a reason someone never get in an accident their entire lives and some get in several by age 21 or 22..... Legally fault or no fault
Totally not true....i will provide 1 easy example but there are tons of situations where no matter what you will not avoid the accident:

You are sitting at a light, someone is turning left from the crossroad from you rightside....they cut their turn short and clip you car while you are sitting there....you are not at fault there is nothing you could have done.......you cant go in reverse if someone is behind you and that is the only way to avoid it.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:38 PM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

Okay that could not be further from the truth. Assuming you aren't joking, getting rearended at a light does not make you at fault. Your so called evading to avoid a collision results in multi car pileups. Many drivers attempt to avoid accidents by rapidly moving or "evading" only to hit another vehicle and find themselves at fault. When at a light and you see another vehicle approaching rapidly, unless you are first in line and have room to pull up to allow more room, you are supposed to brace for impact. The point of this is to minimize the number of vehicles damaged in the accident. At some point a collision is inevitable, to be or not to be in an accident is really just a matter of luck. Unless you can claim never to have been at a stop light with a vehicle in front of you and behind, some accidents are unavoidable.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:40 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hugh boobas

When I'm not trolling car forums, I hide my adam's apple while my boyfriend drills me hard from behind.
O thank you for doing that....
Old 12-01-2007, 03:36 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

At the risk of ruffling your feathers, this may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum. Certainly you can (and should) try to be aware of your surroundings at all times when driving, but unless you've got some kind of Yoda/one with the Force thing going on, you can't possibly avoid every potential accident. What about all those people who died when that bridge collapsed in the midwest this past summer. Were they at fault - should they have anticipated the bridge would collapse at the precise moment they were driving across it?

Quick Reply: can I get some advice?