Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost About to Buy 2007 GT Vert, More Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:08 AM
TMLFAN
2nd Gear Member

Default Almost About to Buy 2007 GT Vert, More Questions

Am trying to decide to bite the bullit or not. I have a few more questions. Test drove lastSaturday and found a few items on the car. Car is a DEMO with 8000 miles.

1) They have painted stripes on the hood and side of the car. Car is hugger orange with flat back stripes. The problem is it is not done correct on the front passenger side fender. They will have to strip front fender and repaint. Should I walk at this point.

2) Car needs back rear wheel replaced, clearcoat is coming off. Warrenty item.

3)Fuel door is not closing properly and rubbing on rear panel. Easy fix, should be warrenty.

Car is a good deal, maybey I am being to picky. It is a demo. The problem is I am a little anel and plan on keeping this car for a long time. I have my work truck and wifes car to drive, so this GT will be just for fun. I want to buy the best car for my money.

Thanks in Advance
Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Almost About to Buy 2007 GT Vert, More Questions

I wouldn't buy a DEMO. Especially that you plan on keeping it for a long time.
These are the only problems you know of, there might be more, who knows!

You can find a lot of great deals on www.autotrader.com or www.cars.com

Just keep looking. But if you decide to get this one, I wish you all the best and to get all these problems sorted out.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Whats the price they are selling it for?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:24 AM
TMLFAN
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Caution

I am from Canada and the price is $31,000.00. This includes all options, leather, 18" wheels etc. It also comes with stripe package, roll bar with LED light, hurst shifter and other add ons. The only option it does not have is the 1000 shaker.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:27 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

A demo is just a car someone at the dealership used to drive, owner high managment. They usualy are well kept. Price? And all the little bugs from a new car are already fixed.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:34 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TMLFAN

I am from Canada and the price is $31,000.00. This includes all options, leather, 18" wheels etc. It also comes with stripe package, roll bar with LED light, hurst shifter and other add ons. The only option it does not have is the 1000 shaker.
If the dealer is telling you its a roll bar, then RUN, don't walk, to another dealer. The bars that are on these cars are simply "styling bars", and every single one of them I've EVER seen clearly states that they provide NO protection in the event of a rollover. So unless it's a chromoly bar that welded in (like a Jeep), don't believe them.

The problem is I am a little anel...
I'd think someone who was **** would be more into spelling and grammar.. LOL j/k
Old 12-03-2007, 11:36 AM
08Steeda
3rd Gear Member

As long as they make the issues go away and fix them. Then go for it! Although some demo's are used by people who are in town for a big event. Things like aSuper bowl or other major sporting event. At the Buick Invitational - Buick let a bunch of celebrities and PGA Pro's use the cars. Some of them beat on them a bit. So I guess it depends on how trustworthy the seller is and if they truly know where the demo has been.

Have you asked them what the demo was used for?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:44 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Caution

Woah!! You can get a new GT for that price!!!

How much does a new GT cost over there?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:49 AM
TMLFAN
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exx1976

If the dealer is telling you its a roll bar, then RUN, don't walk, to another dealer. The bars that are on these cars are simply "styling bars", and every single one of them I've EVER seen clearly states that they provide NO protection in the event of a rollover. So unless it's a chromoly bar that welded in (like a Jeep), don't believe them.

The problem is I am a little anel...
I'd think someone who was **** would be more into spelling and grammar.. LOL j/k
Sorry for not being better with my english but this is a forum not english class. Also, the bar is a styling bar and not a roll bar, my mistake.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

I would def have them come off the price a little. It being a demo just means that it was never titled... so the stang is no but see if they'll work with you since it has 8,000 miles on it... they may

Quick Reply: Almost About to Buy 2007 GT Vert, More Questions