Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on new mustang order

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:22 PM
scott0468

Default Advice on new mustang order

[blockquote]
I am going to place an order for a new mustang some time after the first of the year and can`t decide between a v6 or gt. I drove a gt but can`t find a v6 with a stick to drive. I did drive a auto v6 for a week on vaction and found it lacking somewhat. Keep in mind I drive a truck for a living=6 points and I lose my job so the performance of the gt will not be fully utilized. I guess what I would really like to know how many have bought a v6 and then wished you bought a gt? Any suggestions for good looking int/ext combinations would be nice.
Thanks Scott
[/blockquote]
Old 12-03-2007, 08:00 PM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Advice on new mustang order

i was wondering why no one has answered your post.... think its the way you asked your question... something like "did anyone buy a sixxer, decided they didn't like their purchase... like they made a mistake and regretted it, and now admit it?"

or something like that.

even if one was to admit this experience it really might be different for you, and thus you need to perhaps form your decision-making plan.

From many posts I've read that to compare the two (and they are hard to compare since they each have their pros and cons) it seems there are two classes of forum members with opinions here on this subject: those who felt they made the right decision the first time (either a six or an eight cylinder) and swear by their decision, or those that felt they made the wrong decision but only talked about it after they made the switch - granted those are the people that went from six to eight. I think I may have only read two posts reflecting the latter situation.

But lemme try to give a couple of suggestions for your dilemma:
1. do more test driving
2. come up with your own plan on what you're gonna do if you don't like what you get the first time, or come to terms with your anxiety.

for interiors: I like the two tone contrasting interior of the CS models.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:21 PM
airforceus
3rd Gear Member

How will you use the car and what made you decide to go for the mustang? Also, is budget a concern?

I prefer the straight black leather with any exterior color myself.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:30 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I say go for the GT!

But do test drive more of them. Just go to all the dealers around you and test drive a V6 and a GT at every dealer, lol that will help make up your mind.
The GT has more of that mustang muscle feeling.

As for color combos... here are my favorites:
Black / Red (That's what i've got and I LOVE it! I wouldn't have it any other way.)
White / Red (My cousin has this... it looks great!)

I like these, not my FAVORITES, but still good:
Dark Candy Apple Red / Black
Torch Red / Black or Red interior
Performance White / Chamios

(I like black, red, & white incase you couldn't tell) [8D]

Good Luck!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:37 PM
scott0468

thanks for the reply The thing is I really love the look of the v6 ,seems more retro to me But after driving a gt that was a whole lot of fun. I am thinking that a v6 with a stick might be a good choice. The look I love and a stick makes any car more fun. It would be nice to drive one but they seem to be hard to come by where I live.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:44 PM
scott0468

It will be a second car so mostly driven for fun. as to why a mustang my dad worked for ford for 47 yrs. I have only had 1 car that wasnt a ford product been driving F-150s for 15 yrs. just not good on gas at all
Old 12-03-2007, 08:47 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

i would say everyperson who has a sixxer wishes they had a gt
Old 12-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

I'm guilty as charged. I bought a Satin Silver V6 in September 2006. Loved it. Great car no doubt about it. But did wish I had bought the V8 the whole year up till Oct. this year. I traded in the V6 for the V8 2008 model. I love the V8 even more but do feel really stupid for doing it. I had 0% financing on the V6 w/out the door price of 18750.00 after a 5000.00 trade in from another car.

The V8 ended up costing me 28,800.00 after an even trade on the one year old V6. It's a Candy Apple Red GT CS with ambient lighting, sirius satellite and wheel locking kit. I think the financing from Ford was around 8% for 5 years. I paid 8000.00 down and making payments on the rest at 415.00 a month. The V6 was only 260.00 a month in payments. Like I said I feel really dumb for letting the V8 fever get to me but I am happy with what I have and no, I don't have Shelby GT500 fever. Too much money for just extra horsepower.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:01 PM
airforceus
3rd Gear Member

I do love the rumble of the V8....

Same here, nothing but Fords. I also have a next to new 06 F150 Screw that barely gets driven too! It's sad but I put more miles on my 1990 F150 that is still running like a champ. Gotta love the 300 inline 6!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scott0468

thanks for the reply The thing is I really love the look of the v6 ,seems more retro to me But after driving a gt that was a whole lot of fun. I am thinking that a v6 with a stick might be a good choice. The look I love and a stick makes any car more fun. It would be nice to drive one but they seem to be hard to come by where I live.
What specifically are you referring to when you say you like the look of the V6 better? Is it the grill - if so, its easy to change out the grill of the GT for a different one, without the fogs, many options. Is it the single vs dual exhaust - can't imagine thats it. The badging? There just aren't that many differences so I'm curious what it is that catches your eye.

Quick Reply: Advice on new mustang order