Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frickin piece of crap shaker 500 killed

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Dutcherman
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Frickin piece of $h1t shaker 500 killed

ORIGINAL: lrgnation

its not the shaker thats the piece of crap for staying on, Your bcm has a problem with the power to the stereo. Its your cars "computer" causing the problems in this case. So maybe ask the tards at ford to help you out.
So the Mustang does use a body control module? That would mean it is possible that the stereo is controlled by an audio control module built into the head unit. If that is the case it may just need to have new software installed that would replace the old corrupted software that is installed in the module now. Same thing if it is controlled at the BCM. This is an easy test to do at the dealer. Someone there needs to start doing their job.

And for everyone who keeps telling him to short out the circuitry by pouring water on it, pulling it apart or just plain vandalizing it... WRONG! I deal with warranty administrators and adjusters everyday. Stereos are a core item and as soon as they are disassembled for inspection and found to be screwed with, guess who gets the bill? The one who screwed with it!

Ford has a jacked up warranty system, I admit. I went in to have my instrument pack bezel and a couple of vent rings replaced due to the chrome blistering. They told me they had to do "digital imaging" of the affected parts and send the "images" to Ford for evaluation. Basically they took picturesto verify I didnt modify my dash in some way that would cause the blistering. Complete BS, but I put up with it and was givennew components. Because of Fords financial situations, they are trying everything they can to deny warranty claims. In the long run this will only hurt their Customer Service Index because they are forcefully dropping their Warranty Index by pulling this BS. Just be persistant, dont throw a fit, and if one person wont help you, go higher than him. You are the client, you bought the car from them, you make their paychecks.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:55 AM
SabreXray
1st Gear Member

My 2007 Shaker 500 was DOA. It wouldn't play CDs and gave an error at start up. I was given the option of delaying pickupor taking the car and having it fixed under warranty. Gotit fixed a few weeks later.

JP
Old 12-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Sams0n
1st Gear Member

I've got the Shaker 1000. I've gotten the "bad disc" thing before and then re-inserted the cd and it played fine. That's the only time I've had trouble.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:17 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: lrgnation

its not the shaker thats the piece of crap for staying on, Your bcm has a problem with the power to the stereo. Its your cars "computer" causing the problems in this case. So maybe ask the tards at ford to help you out.
Its your accessory delay in the SJB?
Old 12-11-2007, 10:55 AM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

Dump the pos and go after market. I went with a pioneer d3 and love it. Thier are many nice after market setups that wll make you much happier then the skipper.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:58 AM
SlideWRX
2nd Gear Member

Question: Are the amps for the 500 fused separately from the radio? Try pulling those when you read the high draw current. The headunit has a wire that goes to the amps to turn them on/off; it's a 5V wire. My guess is that wire isn't always switching off. If you pull the radio fuse, it likely switches it off.

My issue with my Shaker 500 was crappy performance; at certain bass frequencies it sounded like there was 10-20 dB sound reduction. I didn't hear some songs that started with bass note intros until the singer started in. Cheap JVC headunit fixed 90% of it, before playing with balance.

Tom
Old 12-11-2007, 11:13 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Eventually mabey you can get them to lemon your car hahahaha
Old 12-11-2007, 11:13 AM
raylandm
2nd Gear Member

Heehee just dump the shaker.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thxultra

Dump the pos and go after market. I went with a pioneer d3 and love it. Thier are many nice after market setups that wll make you much happier then the skipper.
If this does not work out at the dealer I am looking for a head unit to replace to shaker 500. One I can hook a back-up camara up to.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:01 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Va. Stang

ORIGINAL: thxultra

If this does not work out at the dealer I am looking for a head unit to replace to shaker 500. One I can hook a back-up camara up to.
D3 works great for you. Does backup camera, sirius, xm, gps and ipod. All are extra of coarse but the integration is great. I like the factory look of the radio as well.

Quick Reply: Frickin piece of crap shaker 500 killed