Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interested in the 2005 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 07:53 PM
geemann

Default Interested in the 2005 Mustang GT

I have been reading the reviews of the 2005 Mustang GT and am really considering buying one. I just got my first job out of college and I am ready to make the purchase.

- I called the local dealer and was told that Ford had told them not to put in anymore orders for the car. He told me it was a 6 month wait. Is this true?

- My previous car was not a stick. I have driven manual cars in the past but not too much. Will I have a hard time driving the GT?

- What is the cheapest price I can get? I have heard about the X-Plan but I don't think my employer is part of it. I want to spend around $25,000, any other discounts?

I appreciate any comments,

Thanks
Old 03-13-2005, 07:56 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Interested in the 2005 Mustang GT

$25000 will buy you a base model GT. Right now with them being hard to come by I doubt you will get them much off sticker if any. This is the first car I have ever paid sticker for. The wait is correct. The will not take any more orders because there are 65,000+ GTs on back order.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:08 PM
MorningCruiser

My advice to you is to do what I am doing.

I am sitting on my butt until August, and then ordering a 2006.

Why? They'll be cheaper in the long run, you'll get your car faster, and it'll be a year newer.

Oh, and when the Cobras come out, the local high end dealer (they deal in steeda, saleen and SVT, and are the only one in the city) cannot sell regular GTs too well, they end up ordering svts instead.

My personal opinion.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:16 PM
dajohu
2nd Gear Member

If you really want one and don't want to wait for an order or until the 06's come out I would recommend doing some research via the net by typing in zip codes and searching dealer inventories to find what you're looking for. There is bound to be one close to what you want out there, maybe even exactly what you're looking for.

One thing though if you didn't already know. Just because they have the sticker online and it shows in inventory does not mean it's on the lot yet. It just means that it's far enough along to have a VIN.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:21 PM
geemann

The 06's come out in August? I may be able to pay cash then if I wait...

How much will the 06's go for? Wont Ford will probably bump up the price because of the sucsess of the 05's?

Old 03-13-2005, 08:25 PM
MorningCruiser

In theory, they will, but it'll be a lot more flexible, and as it is many dealers are charging well over MSRP and won't give X-plan.

Here in Calgary, they're not selling well (I wonder why, it's winter still, and we have snow 6 months of the year), and you STILL can't get one without waiting a long time. You also have to pay roughly $3000 over MSRP. That's about $2200USD.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:53 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Sign up for the American Quarter Horse Association (www.aqha.com). For $35 a year, you are entitled to $500 off your next Ford purchase. Not bad for a total of $465 off and you don't have to do anything. You only have to be a member for a minimum of 30 days to get the discount.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:23 PM
graphicguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MorningCruiser

In theory, they will, but it'll be a lot more flexible, and as it is many dealers are charging well over MSRP and won't give X-plan.

Here in Calgary, they're not selling well (I wonder why, it's winter still, and we have snow 6 months of the year), and you STILL can't get one without waiting a long time. You also have to pay roughly $3000 over MSRP. That's about $2200USD.
They aren't selling well....??????[sm=dontgetit.gif]

You can't get one without waiting a long time and dealers are asking $3K over MSRP?

I'd say they're selling TOO WELL, based on that criteria.[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 03-14-2005, 04:42 PM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

stick is a breeze to drive. Got mine in 7 weeks. Well worth the money. So much bang for the buck.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:14 PM
MorningCruiser

ORIGINAL: graphicguy

ORIGINAL: MorningCruiser

They aren't selling well....??????[sm=dontgetit.gif]

You can't get one without waiting a long time and dealers are asking $3K over MSRP?

I'd say they're selling TOO WELL, based on that criteria.[sm=exactly.gif]
No, they aren't selling here. The V6s can't move off the lots, and the GTs are hardly selling either. The local "mustang" dealer, which is one of the best selling ones in Canada, can't move their new Mustangs. It's winter here, and they aren't getting order priority because they have over 30 2005s on the lot.

Quick Reply: Interested in the 2005 Mustang GT