Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those with GPS...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:55 PM
66_05GT

Default RE: For those with GPS...

Maybe a better picture

[IMG]local://upfiles/73954/1E4C550E56584A42B7756D2FD2AC2E71.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2007, 03:12 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I thought of mounting it between the air vents but I tried it with the windshield mount and I liked how it is up higher. This makes it easy to look at while keeping my eye's on the road.
The idea of mounting one in the passenger visor is not practical! Unless you plan on stopping every time you want to use the GPS!
Mine lasts for many hours on just the batteries, I can charge it at home, which is where I keep it.
I'll update with pics soon.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:31 AM
ErcWrestlr
2nd Gear Member

I have mine mounted to the drivers side of the windshield where the a-pillar comes down. I ran my wire down the side of the dash and under everything. Tapped into an ignition wire under the dash and put a cigarette lighter accessory extension in there to plug into. Normally I run it on the battery though, because it does last for most of the day.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Dineau
2nd Gear Member

I bought a cell phone adapter to that I can use to power my GPS (mines powers with a usb connector, same as Motorola cell phones) and have attached my GPS bracket to it directly (took of the suction cup), it's now a plug and play system.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16944/81C579ABFF2B4BEB9AE9E21DB0EFD9E9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ErcWrestlr

I have mine mounted to the drivers side of the windshield where the a-pillar comes down. I ran my wire down the side of the dash and under everything. Tapped into an ignition wire under the dash and put a cigarette lighter accessory extension in there to plug into. Normally I run it on the battery though, because it does last for most of the day.
That's what I've done with mine, only I don't use the cord to the cigarette lighter unless necessary. My GPS has a rechargeable battery, and the cord that plugs into the base is something I can take off. I keep it in the car in case the battery dies, so it's not a problem. If I have to, THEN I pull out the cord and run it over the top of the steering wheel to plug into the top power port, as it's only temporary.

Although, technically, I'm not supposed to have it mounted to the windshield, because it's against the law in the state of California...But I've seen SO many other people that have had it mounted to the windshield that haven't been stopped that I think I'm ok with it. And, if a cop wants to ding me for it, I'll remove it off the windshield and stick it in a cupholder until the cop goes away, then put it back up there.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:29 AM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

I love it. I thought twice about it. It's alot of gold to drop on a head unit. I have no regrets. I got the backup camera, iPod adapter, XM radio, and Bluetooth with it. I believe it has 20 GB to store music, pictures etc.

I think the sound is better. It's much cleaner. I'd buy it again.