Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mp 3 Hookup ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:55 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mp 3 Hookup ?

is there a way to add just the aux cable??? to a 05 or 06 cause there is a aux button on the radio
Old 12-18-2007, 01:06 PM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

Yes, go get the PIE. If you are electrically gifted, install it to the back of your head unit. If not, pay someone...you are more than likely stateside, go to Cartoys or something like that, and they will get you going...
Old 12-18-2007, 01:47 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

I've heard that those PIE adaptors have caused some electrical problems when using it with the shaker system. Does anyone know if these problems were resolved? I would love to be able to hook up my iPod but don't want a bunch of electrical problems either.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:37 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

I believe those problems occured with the earlier models of them, produced in 2005-06. I think they've ironed them out now.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:35 PM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

There's a few different adapters available for IPOD players. I emailed two companies that make them, and asked if they had ZUNE adapters and found no luck. The companies were in another thread about a week ago, about hooking up an IPOD.

I'm doing it the cheesy way until I can find an adapter. I bought the FM transmitter. It wasn't working correctly though, a lot of interference. I bought a male-to-male wire (both ends look like the end of headphones), plugged it into the AUX IN port on the transmitter and the headphone port on the ZUNE. It doesn't charge when listening to it in the car this way, but it plays the music clearly.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: miloman

There's a few different adapters available for IPOD players. I emailed two companies that make them, and asked if they had ZUNE adapters and found no luck. The companies were in another thread about a week ago, about hooking up an IPOD.

I'm doing it the cheesy way until I can find an adapter. I bought the FM transmitter. It wasn't working correctly though, a lot of interference. I bought a male-to-male wire (both ends look like the end of headphones), plugged it into the AUX IN port on the transmitter and the headphone port on the ZUNE. It doesn't charge when listening to it in the car this way, but it plays the music clearly.
I dunno about you guys, but mine's really soft when I have input from the AUX IN on my '07. Whether I have my XM Radio, or an iPod, or my PSP, or any other device connected, it sounds really muffled. I'd almost say it was the cable, but I've tried several different cables, and it's not great. Then again, it may be because I have the cheapo stock radio, and not the skipper 500/1000.

I'd decided that I was going to replace the stock radio from the start anyway, so I didn't want to put any extra money into the upgraded radio.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:02 PM
nitetimebolher
1st Gear Member

Y is there a pic of the engine bay? Just curious, coz u were asking about mp3.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:44 PM
MIKE562
2nd Gear Member

Cuz he's trying to show off the WHIPPLE!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:48 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

ppl that get blown are snobs....j/k only jealous
Old 12-19-2007, 12:53 AM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

ORIGINAL: miloman

I dunno about you guys, but mine's really soft when I have input from the AUX IN on my '07. Whether I have my XM Radio, or an iPod, or my PSP, or any other device connected, it sounds really muffled. I'd almost say it was the cable, but I've tried several different cables, and it's not great. Then again, it may be because I have the cheapo stock radio, and not the skipper 500/1000.

I'd decided that I was going to replace the stock radio from the start anyway, so I didn't want to put any extra money into the upgraded radio.
Have you tried turning the volume up in the device you have attached? When I plugged my ZUNE in it was soft and quiet and I couldn't figure the problem out. I finally realized just a few days ago to turn the volume up on the player.........BIG difference.

Quick Reply: Mp 3 Hookup ?