Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car got hit...pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 02:01 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Car got hit...pics inside

"This guy is a little bizarre and I have a feeling I'm going to have to take this to court, because he didnt produce his insurance for the cop"
so let me get this straight, you have no police report, you have no insurance information for the guy and I'm guessing you don't even have his DL number right? Sounds like you got punked AND hassled on. If it's his fault the price the car is going to get fixed for is not your concern andI'm guessing all you want is to getit back the way it wasand that's why you should've done it the right way and gone through insurance. Now they gonna do a **** job on it, give it back to you and you will earn yourself a lot of headache. nice move bud
Old 12-20-2007, 02:19 AM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: olvanish

"This guy is a little bizarre and I have a feeling I'm going to have to take this to court, because he didnt produce his insurance for the cop"
so let me get this straight, you have no police report, you have no insurance information for the guy and I'm guessing you don't even have his DL number right? Sounds like you got punked AND hassled on. If it's his fault the price the car is going to get fixed for is not your concern andI'm guessing all you want is to getit back the way it wasand that's why you should've done it the right way and gone through insurance. Now they gonna do a **** job on it, give it back to you and you will earn yourself a lot of headache. nice move bud
Why don't you slow down right now. I have a police report, but we are not going through insurance yet, so they are not reporting it to insurance as of now. I wanted an estimate just to get an idea, not because I'm paying. I have his plate, his license number, his phone number, and he lives about 10 houses down from me. If need be, we will go through insurance, but at this juncture, I am taking my car to shops that I know I will be satisfied with, and he is going to pay the lower of the estimates that I get.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:24 AM
1QUIK06

Call your insurance company. Give them the info, They will take care of going after this guy.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:40 AM
bgoose99
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear that...
Hope it all works out for you.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:58 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

No matter who it is, F them and their " Let's not go the insurance route, I'll pay it myself bull$hit".
It ALMOST ALWAYS turns out bad. My sister did that for a neighbor she was out drinking with.
He was drunk and he was following her in his car and she stopped for a light, and he didn't.
She got stuck paying for her rental car for a week. People are just toooooo NICE.
Did he get a ticket for accident or not showing insurance?
Old 12-20-2007, 07:16 AM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

right door shell $ 674.60
right door glass $ 232.47
right mirror $ 73.68
---------
total in parts $980.75
+ labor
+ paint & materials
Old 12-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

"the guy says he is going to pay for the cheaper of two estimates"

Don't let him get away with just paying the cheaper of the two estimates. YOU decide where you want it repaired and HE needs to pay it regardless of the cost. Tell him if he doesn't like it, then you will go through the insurance company. You also need to make him pay for a rental for you. In my experience, the people who try to go around insurance companies are normally people who have multiple accidents/claims on their records. Just be careful. Oh, by the way, sucks about your car. Seing that snow/ice makes me glad I live in Florida. And to think I was complaining the other day because it was only 50 degrees outside.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:40 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

He should have been ticketed for not producing insurance to the police. Don't let him get estimates....you take it to a reputable place that will use OEM parts and will do a quality paint job. Don't let that guy get away with not paying either. He should pay for all repairs as well as your rental.
Expect the repair to bearound $1800-2500 depending on your location and who you take it to.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:47 AM
dferkler
2nd Gear Member

It would have cost him a a couple teeth if that was my car. Go thru your insurance company.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:51 AM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

You have several rights here, 1. You take your car to the best shop you can find. 2. His insurance company has to pay for it all, including rental car. 3. The first thing you should have done was taken the insurance info and called the insurance company, (his insurance company). There is no benefit for you in this situation to even entertain the idea of allowing him to pay this out of pocket. I am an insurance agent so trust me, get an estimate from the best shop in town that guarantees the work and do it by the book. You will lose your right to retaliate if you don't use the insurance company and your car is not fixed correctly.

Quick Reply: Car got hit...pics inside