Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I WANT TO LOWER MY GT BUT HAVE A QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Default I WANT TO LOWER MY GT BUT HAVE A QUESTION

Like my title subject says, "I want to lower my GT but have a question"
I have been searching the forums and the search button up top but I haven't found anyone with pictures of their cars lowered with the BMR lowering kit. If no one knows of this kit follow link below please.

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...idproduct=1315

My question is this. Is this a good kit or would I be better off going with Eibach or Steeda springs and just piecing the system together?
Right now the shocks and struts are out of the question for a few months. I don't drive the car very often in the winter now so I don't see any tire wear issue.

Please give me info on what your opinions are on this kit and what you went with. I would also like to see some clear daytime side shots of your lowered cars

I plan on lowering my GT during my Christmas shut down from Ford Motor Company so I have a week to order it and install it.

Thanks for your help and opinions
Old 12-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I WANT TO LOWER MY GT BUT HAVE A QUESTION

BMR makes great products. Though I can't help you with what your look will be like with their product over others. I have the Eibach pros alone, with no other mods done to my suspension. I was in the same perdicament as you when I purchased mine, but I went with what I could find rather than venture someplace new. So I would say get the Ebach and add to it later if you want...

People say that you need this and that for tire wear problems. Only one other member on here and I don't remember who it was has stated that he noticed no uneven tire wear from just springs alone and not getting realigned. I have to say that I would agree with that statement. I'm at about 10000 miles on these tires, staggered, never rotated, and never realigned after the drop. I had the tires off the other day and I noticed no uneven or abnormal tire wear at the present.....
Old 12-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

I'd love to see some pictures of them too. It is the kit I keep coming back to because the drop sounds perfect.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

anyone else???????????
Old 12-22-2007, 04:50 PM
slvrstang2007
2nd Gear Member

I'd say save up and get the BMR handling package, comes with... well just look for yourself http://www.gnetworks.com/v4/go.gnf?s...&currentPage=0. I just put it in last weekend and it feels like the cars on a rail, Its a bit pricy but I'd say it worth it. The install was fairly easy too, but I have access to lifts. heres some pictures of my car with the BMR package https://mustangforums.com/m_4342008/...tm.htm#4363908, let me know if you have any questions.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

122 HITS AND ONLY 3 RESPONES, come on people I know there are more of you that have lowered your cars.. Fess up and lets see some pics
Old 12-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

well, I'm thinking of starting a new thread but I might as well include this in yours.

I just had the Eibach Pro-kit springs installed (along with 4 new 17" bullitts) and notice a significant decrease in suspension comfort and performance. The steering wheel shakes at speed and when hitting the changes in road surface on the freeway, like when going over a bridge, there's too much bounce. Not multiple bounces, but just too soft sounding.
It makes me yearn for the stock suspension. When stock, the GT's suspension isn't the best in the world but feels great on the highway, about an 8 on a scale of 1-10. Now it's more like a 6.
The only thing that hasn't gotten worse is when I go over real rough road, with lots of potholes. When I go over the small speedbumps in the parking garage (the 5mph kind) it's real firm, and not too bad. But the shaking is a concern, especially since I paid for an alignment.

Am I going to have to take it back and ask for a double check on the alignment and maybe balancing (which were both supposedly done)? Or is this common for those who have only added lowering springs and I need to get adjustable shocks?
Are there any other front suspension pieces which are currently being used when one lowers the Mustang? Maybe different psi levels in the front tires?

As far as looks, when you see the pics it's like that's the way these cars should come from Ford.
But I'm just wondering what it's gonna take to get the suspension back to stock levels of comfort.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:20 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I have sportlines. Love them but to help you out, PM DABOSS. I think his stuff is BMR.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:10 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

read this and see if this helps...to me there isnt a good kit out there because not many have adj LCA or UCA included....i have all BMR but i put it together instead of getting the kit.

Suspension Mod By CrazyAl

Old 12-23-2007, 05:07 AM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

I used ford racing lowering springs and install went easy lowered car about 1-5 to 2 inches then put 19" rims on it. still handles better than before and can't see any adverse effect. that kit from bmr looks pretty good. you should need to change much more than that unless your road racing or got the bills.

Quick Reply: I WANT TO LOWER MY GT BUT HAVE A QUESTION