Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do you all think about this

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 01:29 AM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: what do you all think about this

i like the honeycomb the best, but also the sleek vinyl looks good. personally not a big fan of the plastic with lines, looks too much like a knock off of the saleen rear. but none of those look bad. it'll look sweet no matter what
Old 12-26-2007, 09:03 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

I have a torch red and I opted to go for a vynil blackout. I thought about having it painted but I wasn't sure how I'd like it. The vynil is more permanent then the magnetic but it looks like its painted on. The magnetic ones are much thicker and they look like they are stuck on. The vynil can be removed if you don't like it. They are available in a variety of finishes from flat to satin to gloss. The only finish I've seen on the magnetic black outs is a satin finish. I don't know if they have other finshes availale.

As far as the rolled tips, I went with fast Toys. I like the sound of our stock exhaust so I did not see the need to change the entire exhaust but I do like the look of the wider rolled tips. The tips from fast toys are very long and can be welded directly to the muffler (after cuttting off the original tips off course). My local muffler shop only charged $15 to cut off the olf tips and weld on the new ones.

As far as blacking out the tail lights, a member in our club painted his with BHT tailight blackout paint. It looked awesome. I leked it better then the plastic covers or tint kits. It is very smooth and you can control how dark they get by applying more or less coats. After you finish painting the tail lights, you have to buff them out. IT looks awesome.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

I had the magnet on the car for about a month. It attracted dust like crazy, but it did fit well. Would a magnet interfere with the car's electronics?
Mine is painted gloss w/clearcoat now and I have molding trim around the tail lights.

Bottom line, $30 works for atemporary mod.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:18 PM
stanngg
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: derekdatank

so i have decided to go with it but my question is now where would be the best place to buy this at?
Latemodel Resto.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...1&comp=LRS
Old 12-28-2007, 12:03 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

mine is from http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...out-panel.html

Old 12-28-2007, 01:37 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I like the easy on bit but not the easy off part!

I got my Silverhorse Honeycomb panel from Wheelskin.com. It doesn't get very dirty at all and is easy to clean. Drying is best done with one of those terrycloth towels we thought we didn't have to use on our cars after the trend of using microfiber had arrived. And if you have the stock grill in the front you already know how to dry off this kind of black plastic.

I just wish my taillight bezels matched better and weren't so glossy.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:45 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

They are ok
Old 12-28-2007, 01:54 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

TIP that i've learned... maybe some of you might want to adopt it --

Use an air compressor w/ air gun to blow out the water from panels, under mirror, in honeycomb plastic on front and around other various places that could use it. It's alot easier than trying to dry those areas by hand, totally eliminates the water, no more drips off the car when you drive to the store after a wash.

My two cents
Old 12-28-2007, 02:14 AM
NELS GT
3rd Gear Member

This probably sounds insane but after I wash my car I use the leaf blower all over the whole entire car. Works better than any towels, as it just goes on the ground and you don't have to worry about drying/ringing out anything.

The only issue I've ever found with it is if something were to make its way through the leafblower like a little cement chip or something and damage the paint... But I've never had any issues with that, and it looks like it has a little filter for air coming in.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

I have other pics of that black out panel on my friends Red Fire Stang. Hope this helps! I can say that it seems to have bubbles on it even though it is a magnet! It comes rolled up when shipped, he had to lay it flat for about a day or two before he put it on his car! I would go with the high gloss plastic pc or the honeycomb panel my self! I have the honeycomb on my Satin Silver stang in the pic!