Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need your opinion.. finacialy smart desicions to be made soon...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 01:46 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default need your opinion.. finacialy smart desicions to be made soon...

hey guys.. first off.. you are like my family!.. these forums are the fckin bomb when comes to help with cars, input, freinds.. all that.. when i was on F150online.com, it was awesome experience, but Mustang Forums has been the best out of all of them.. you guys are just all genuinly good people..

now before i get emotional.. lol

im going to be moving out in about 6-8 months.. going to the fire academy (getting paid 10.50 x40 hrs a week, to go) in march, and still keeping my part time job at Advance Auto Parts.

The car is basically being paid for (not by me), and the insurance by my Dad, as long as im in school..

so heres my thing, i absolutley LOVEEE this car, and the freakin brotherhood that comes with it. i will never look at a stang the same, since owning one. But i miss having a truck for many reasons.. i could go/park where ever i wanted, i didnt have to really worry about scrathes/dings.. i mean yes, i cared for it, and made it look good (picture below), but it was truck..

what my two options are, that im considering, are:
A.) Keep the mustang and buy a $1,000 beater truck (probably just a 4 banger), and be in the whole, for the cost of the beater + insurance (only about 150-200 more /6 mo.)

B.) Sell the mustang (probably get atleast 18-20) and get a small either Toyota Tacoma for their 6 cyl. (sorry USA) or a Chevy Colorado straight 5. I would get it used wiht like 30k miles, and do a few things to it, (small lift, tires, etc.) but still make it so im even in the end, if not getting money back.

the thing is.. i attract alot of attention in the stang.. GOOD and BAD.. the looks from the chiks are always awesome.. the sound of cutouts at WOT is orgasmic, and will miss that muscle car roar. but at the same time.. i just got a huge ticket, for going fast, (which is very easy to do in the stang, and almost like a must, or else why did you buy it?) but in a truck, you dont tend to go WOT at every stop light, and drive like you stole it. (which i love)

I'm just htinking, that wiht a smaller engine, i will get a little better gas, i will have alot more functionality out of it, and i wont have to worry so much about where i park, and who is gunna key/mess with it.

but i do love having a nice car.. its awesome when going out.. i love driving that btch..

..... so basically i just want your guys input, what you would do if you were 19 going on 20, and in the same situation. you guys are very knowledgeable and most have experienced this type of stuff before. i take all your information to the heart.. so i appreciate it all..

BUT EITHER WAY!.. I WILL NOT BE SELLING FOR LIKE 6 MONTHS IF THATS WHAT IT CAME DOWN TO, AND I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU GUYS!.. I WILL STILL BE A MEMBER ON THIS SITE..

(thats my release form)

but heres a pic of my old truck, (which i dought i will go back into a 150)

and just havin some fun...

Old 12-28-2007, 01:57 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Default RE: need your opinion.. finacialy smart desicions to be made soon...

My old granny gaveme a piece of advice a looong time ago that I have always followed. Do what you gotta do.......first. You have to decide which you like better truck/stang. My buddy just bought a new Tacoma 4x4 six spd and it is awesome. There is no lack of power there, and you are right the resale is awesome. But, if a Stang is what makes you happy and attracts the fairer sex......ummmm....the question was what again?
Old 12-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Nice Truck......

But like he said ....Do what you gotta do.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:05 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: okbfd

My old granny gaveme a piece of advice a looong time ago that I have always followed. Do what you gotta do.......first.
I find that the opposite is true. I just do what I want to do and then find a way to make it work. It always does in the end.

I vote for a beater. If the car is basically paid for, you don't have a lot to worry about. Keep the car if it makes you happy.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

I'd have to say buy a beater truck, it's always better to have options. Once you get out of the academy i doubt you'll be getting any more tickets, I'm surprised they gave you one already. If your dad is paying for it, let him, try not to make any car payments, but if you HAVE to have a truck, get a beater, but it makes more sense to let him pay off the car.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:11 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

well ya, he will be paying off the car..

and i think it would be awesome to have two cars.. a nice car to go out and drive for fun, and a truck to go to work, get good gas, take to the beach, not give a sh.t about..

im just not sure, like you guys are asking, if i like a truck or the stang better.. i love being in big trucks, lifted, and blah blah.. but i love the stang so much.. its so much fun to drive, and theres no other driving experience like it.

thanks for the info/opinions.. keep em comin
Old 12-28-2007, 02:31 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

I vote for the beater too in your case. I had to basically go with a 4x4 due to towing a boat and hunting/fishing.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:50 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

buy the beater - keep the stang. I don't care how nice of a Tacoma or Colorado you get, it'd be just another dime a dozen truck and no one will give you a second look. Remembering back to when I was your age, I would have killed to have a Mustang (and the attention it garners) then. Sounds like you're a responsible kid and got you act together - I'm sure you can find a way to swing it with both Mustang and beater truck.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:59 PM
WPsharpshooter
3rd Gear Member

I was driving a new truck and decided I wanted the stang, I bought the stang and knew I was still going to have to have a truck so I bought an old pickup too. The bottom line is you need what you need. it might not be time for you to have the stang ....I hope you can keep it but it just might not be time
Old 12-28-2007, 03:10 PM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

from your description above, it sounds like you really love your stang - i know i can relate , as can all of us here at the forums. that being the case, the decision would be easy for me: keep the stang and buy a beater truck. life is SHORT; i was just listening yesterday to a story from a friend about his neighbor who dropped dead last week of a heart attack at the age of 43 - three kids and a husband left behind. not to be a downer, but one just never knows. so, if the pony makes you happy and gives you enjoyment, the choice is clear

Quick Reply: need your opinion.. finacialy smart desicions to be made soon...