Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do Civics think they will win?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 07:01 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Why do Civics think they will win?

i don't think that's the reason at all for provoking the pony. if they liked the cars and wanted to see you go fast, then they wouldn't give you a flyby afterwards sticking their middle finger out the window. i guess that's just the ricer's thumbs up though.

i usually don't even race now with the price gas is at. that and a lot of the times i get rev'd at when my engine is cold. i'm not going to push my engine when it's nor warmed up just to show you i'm faster.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:17 PM
sicride
2nd Gear Member

Well I don't do "Flyby's" anymore, because it's dangerous. When people do flyby's they rarely are looking where they are going they are looking at the car that just raped them. I can say that back when I did do flyby's it was more for the fun, hoping they'd cruise fast with me which was dangerous too. I never flicked people off unless they were ******* drivers. Don't get me wrong either I'm not saying there aren't ******** out there. There are, in Civics and in Mustangs. Do you know how many times stock GT's have lined up with me and my best friend in his TransAm (what he bought when the Bullitt was totalled).. Tons, and they don't stand a chance! We've gotten plenty of fingers from them too when they do a wheaty fly by. I just think you guys are flirting with making stereotypical comments which I don't think are fair because there are alot of cool import owners and civic owners. Believe it or not some of them know how to make Civics much faster than your GT too. I know you all have seen it, and no it's not that expensive. I think it's funny when people are on here saying they want to make a car that owns Corvettes for 10,000 less. Look at how many Civics cost less than $9000 including mods that run 12's.

Oh yeah, I just came back from school and got on the PA Turnpike in Monroeville (if anybody here owns a black GT with the bullitt wheels in that area around 5:45PM Friday, holla). Saw a younger kid in that GT go through the toll and I believe he went towards Ohio but he was kinda swurving a little and gettin through. Anywho it was the first '05 GT I've seen on the road and it sounded amazing and I really wanted to look at it more so I tried to catch up to him. I was cruising the turnpike avg'n probably around 100mph for about 12 miles tryin to catch up to him. I was trying to slow down to not be too dangerous in traffic and was not swurving at all. So I guess thats where the kid got away. I'm sure he wasn't going much faster than 100... lol
Old 03-18-2005, 09:36 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00
There was a guy/girl once in a newer celica that was trying to catch up to me on a pretty desered stretch of highway until we got to an uphill (pretty steep). They dogged out on the uphill and must have had NOS because on the down hill with a good distance on him he caught up to me and went flying by, funny thing was when his shot ran out on level ground. I caught up to him pretty quick and proceeded to pass him. My exit was after a wide sweeping turn so he didn't have a chance to use the NOS again. I'm sure he told his buddies he beat a Mustang but left out the part about it being on a downhill with NOS and the aftermath.
And you're making fun of ricers? Wow....get a clue. "Must have had nawwzz..." Give me a break.

The sad thing is, most new Honda's are more than enough competition for stock foxbodies, '96-'98GTs, and poorly driven 99+GT's.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:29 AM
RollinThunder
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

i get it all the time. they aren't stupid, they actually do win. winning to them constitutes as the ricer flyby. where after you're obviously killing them and just hit the brakes cause you're done. that's when they lay in on the throttle until they "zoom" past you. that to them is a win which they tell all their ricer buddies about.
they do the flyby b/c ricers dont understand dragracing...they think on the street u just keep going and going and dont stop...and thats my honest opinion...thats y I dont race ricers that much if at all...
Old 03-19-2005, 03:14 AM
MrAWatts
1st Gear Member

Dude my sixer whoops up on the rice burners here. The other day me and my g/f were pulling out of sonic. When we were sitting there waiting to pull out, a purple eclipse with red flames, a cheap looking rice-kit, dumb looking rims, a pissed-off-bumblebee exhaust, and a huge wind drove by. There were two guys in there who thought they were the ****. They looked at my car as they drove by with a "my car is faster than yours" look and revved up the engine, then looked at each other and laughed. Needless to say I pulled out of there like a bat out of hell and whooped them. They couldn't keep up.

There is another rice that I see all the time. This dude is as rice as rice can be. His car is purple, and alot of the overdone body kit is yellow. Huge wing, pissed-off-bumblebee exhaust, the works. He always cruises around town leaning over the steering wheel like he is awesome.

My car is only a sixer, but I haven't been beat by any rice yet. I have raced ricers, trucks who think they are fast, v6 stangs, v6 camaros, and a z28. I knew that the z28 would kill me, but I just love to race regardless of who will win. It was fun!
Old 03-19-2005, 10:35 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nanaki

a lot of the times i get rev'd at when my engine is cold. i'm not going to push my engine when it's nor warmed up just to show you i'm faster.
I'm more concerned about my cold T-45.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:08 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Why do I pull up to z06's and vipers? I know I'm not gonna win. I know I have no shot. But I like to see them slam it and see how my car keeps up. It has nothing to do with wether or not I'm gonna win it has to do with... I'm a car guy and I like to see fast cars go fast. Nothing more. Besides if I came here and told all you guys I beat a vette with my stock GT you all would call bull****. LOL.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:59 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i live my life a quarter mile at a time. for those 14 seconds or less, i'm free.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Believe it or not some of them know how to make Civics much faster than your GT too. I know you all have seen it, and no it's not that expensive. I think it's funny when people are on here saying they want to make a car that owns Corvettes for 10,000 less. Look at how many Civics cost less than $9000 including mods that run 12's.
...But a 12 second civic won't 'own' a later model Vette.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:15 PM
dRiBz
2nd Gear Member

the one rice i wouldnt mind owning is a Nissan Skyline

Quick Reply: Why do Civics think they will win?