Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Stang Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 05:07 AM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

Default Automatic Stang Owners

Well its finally time for me to go in and order my stang YES!!!! I know exactly what I want,but cant decide between Auto or manual,I am not asking which is better(I have driven both) I am asking how you auto guys are enjoying your stangs? Right now traffic isnt too bad where I live but I plan on moving back to California in a year(San D./L.A area) SO I dont know which I should get? DO any of you manual stang owners use your ride as a daily driver? How is it working out? I love the Manual and Auto,but would like some quick responces before I go in and order!
Thanks
N2F
Old 03-19-2005, 05:40 AM
MrAWatts
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Automatic Stang Owners

I have an automatic, and I love it. I'm not a big fan of doing alot of shifting, going from stoplight to stoplight. Especially if you like to eat or drink. I like to have something to drink in the cup holder when I'm around town, and when your having to worry about shifting that doesnt work out too well. The only manual I have driven is my uncles Boxster and I prefer my automatic, then again I'm a lazy@ss!
Old 03-19-2005, 10:05 AM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

I've had automatic and manual performance cars and I would pick the manual because it just puts you more in control.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:39 AM
mark101

well i would just tell you its all up to you i read a few reviews the auto and manual both do 0-60 in 5.1 sec
Old 03-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Nebfan
1st Gear Member

The auto is fine as long as you don't want to do any aggressive driving through the curves. It feels really bad because it feels as though the car was pushing you instead of being able to be in a low gear and pull out of the curve. My last two cars were a BMW M3 and a Supra Turbo and they handled much better and I believe some of it was just being able to always be in the right gear. But that is not what I want anymore so I am extremely satisfied with mine. I really need to be able to drink, talk on the cell phone, play with the radio, and look at all the hot chicks while driving. I don't have any more hands to change gears>
Old 03-19-2005, 12:48 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

def. manual no questions asked. Auto is just too boring. My stang is my daily driver and i couldn't imagine not shifting my own gears
Old 03-19-2005, 05:38 PM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

I went trough my days of prefering a manual, but I ordered an automatic. When I lived in Europe I had a standard and it was fun on the windy farm roads, but in a big city in stop and go traffic its too much work. I think you will be happy with the auto if your planning on moving to S. Cal.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:33 PM
technomg

My Stang has the Auto, and I love it. Never had an automatic on a muscle car before, but the 5R55S 5-Speed shifts so smooth, you'll never miss the stick. You can smoke the tires and outrun the rice-burners just as easy... I originally was looking for an '05 with the manual, but they are in short supply. The dealers around me were just lucky to even get a GT, but I was able to drive both and opted for the auto... Good Luck, it's a tough decision...
Old 03-19-2005, 07:04 PM
av8ranger

I have had my Auto for about a month now. I have 934 miles on it. It is currently at the dealership because it started leaking trans fluid when idling. They said that they think its the front pump seal and are going to pull the trans on Monday to verify. So far I love the auto, I just hope this problem is a fluke and not an omen of things to come. I plan on getting the Diablo Predator so that I can firm up the shifts for a snappier feel. Remember that the autos come with 331 gears and the sticks come with 355 gears. So naturally, the sticks feel faster off the line. After I get the Diablo, my next step will be to change the gears to 373. Good luck on your decision.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:49 AM
lexigirl

I got the auto, too, and I love it. Trust me, it's plenty fast, and very smooth. For stop and go city driving, it can't be beat.

Quick Reply: Automatic Stang Owners