Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauges? UPDATE PICTURES

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Gauges? UPDATE PICTURES

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

I'm into gadgets and that setup is pretty cool. I use the MSD DAshhawk for monitoring the O2 sensors and the G2X data logger for performance monitoring.

I have a question though, about A/F monitoring.

I know the subtle differences between wide and narrow band sensors, buthonestly, i don't really see the need for a wide band monitoring system if you have a way of reading the stock O2 output. The OBD port on our rides delivers a lot of info including the output voltage for the o2 sensors, if you know what your WOT A/F voltage should be, then surely that's good enough right [?].

I know that an A/F ratio of 11.5 will force an O2 output of 850mv, so that's what I look for during hard throttle useage which, if we're honest, is the only time we're really interested in it. Any other time, idling/normal driving, I couldn't care less what it's reading, within reason[8D]

I admit though, just a nice easy to read gauge, like the one SHREDDER is using would be a nice touch, if only they would read from the stock O2 output either directly or from the OBC. Would be a lot cheaper too.
that sounds like a good option, i just really wanted the whole thing integrated. I would like to find out more about getting info from the OBC also.. mainly throttle position right now. Would just be cool to have a readout of where my pedal is when all this other stuff is going on. I also need to either make a crank sensor, or figure out how to read that info also, cause i need the crank position to get the timing advance and retard.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the compliments everyone!! really appreciated..

and yes, i was SO nervous to put a hole saw into my dash.. but once the gauge was in, it was all worth it. The bezel on the gauge matches the air vents almost perfectly. I drilled the whole with it all still mounted, but to finally mount the gauge i had to remove that center piece.. all that info will be in the write up I do.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Looks awesome...nice job.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

What is this Innovative gauge and sensor system you speak about?
Old 01-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

What is this Innovative gauge and sensor system you speak about?
I cant seem to get a direct link to the kit i bought from them.. but its on this page

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/bt.php

and here is the kit i got..
Kit 4726:
3798 Kit (XD-16 w/ SSI-4) + BlueTooth adapter.

basicly its their LC-1 wideband sensor, the XD-16 digital gauge, and the SSI-4 sensor input module.
When i found out more what i needed, i added the LMA-3 also, which has the boost MAP, 2 axis accelerometer, rpm, and one other sensor input (they are all configurable to what you want)

its really an awesome setup. According to the website, the whole system is compatible with diablosport tuners, so you can set it up and send logs to a tuner with the diablosport tuner, and get a tune specific to the values of your log file.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

That is pretty bada$$...
Old 01-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Shredder
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

That is pretty bada$$...
seriously man.. it is..

the SSI-4 has 4 inputs, and can log any 0-5volt sensor. As far as i know with some of hte info i got from autometer, they are all 0-5V.. so the Loworks program can log those too thru the SSI-4. I do some hoby robotics also, and the sensors used in that are mainly 0-5V also.. so you could have anything displayed on the computers screen.. like litle ping radar distance sensors to see how close you are to the curb and things like that.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well I don't know if it will help, but you can get an aeroforce gauge that will display all that info you seek from just the obd port. I monitor and record my timing advance, horsepower, fuel pressure, etc. Not sure how you could get it to log on your sony Doohickey.

Marcus, do you have a gauge to monitor your O2 sensors? I've monitored mine at WOT on several occasions and they always show over 900 as soon as I mash the gas. There are some rough estimates of air/fuel ration you can calculate from the o2 voltage, but anything in the 900's is considered very rich from what i've gathered.

ORIGINAL: Shredder

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

I'm into gadgets and that setup is pretty cool. I use the MSD DAshhawk for monitoring the O2 sensors and the G2X data logger for performance monitoring.

I have a question though, about A/F monitoring.

I know the subtle differences between wide and narrow band sensors, buthonestly, i don't really see the need for a wide band monitoring system if you have a way of reading the stock O2 output. The OBD port on our rides delivers a lot of info including the output voltage for the o2 sensors, if you know what your WOT A/F voltage should be, then surely that's good enough right [?].

I know that an A/F ratio of 11.5 will force an O2 output of 850mv, so that's what I look for during hard throttle useage which, if we're honest, is the only time we're really interested in it. Any other time, idling/normal driving, I couldn't care less what it's reading, within reason[8D]

I admit though, just a nice easy to read gauge, like the one SHREDDER is using would be a nice touch, if only they would read from the stock O2 output either directly or from the OBC. Would be a lot cheaper too.
that sounds like a good option, i just really wanted the whole thing integrated. I would like to find out more about getting info from the OBC also.. mainly throttle position right now. Would just be cool to have a readout of where my pedal is when all this other stuff is going on. I also need to either make a crank sensor, or figure out how to read that info also, cause i need the crank position to get the timing advance and retard.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:34 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

perfect cut looks good
Old 01-02-2008, 08:40 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

Looks damn good, I would be too scared to cut into my dash like that

Quick Reply: Gauges? UPDATE PICTURES