Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you pay for my car?or should I part it out and sell the parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:04 PM
2nd II None
2nd Gear Member

Default What would you pay for my car?or should I part it out and sell the parts?

I am faced with the reality that I have to get rid of my mustang or trade it in atleast. I have done a lot of things to the mustang so there is a dilemma. I was wondering what people might pay for my mustang?That way,I know if I should trade it in as is or take off the parts and sell the parts to get some money back...Here is the list of modifications..and it has 14K on the odometer

Exterior
2" Tein lowering kit
Roush Louvers
Painted Mirrors
5% tint with European front windshield strip
CDC Rear Panel
Sequential Tail lights
Gt500 front chin spoiler
Eleanor Front grille
H.I.D headlight and foglights
20x8.5 Bullitt 180 wheels
Nitto 555 Tires
Ford Racing STB

Interior
Sony 7" In dash with basic TV Channels
14" flip down
shaker 1k system
Roush Racing seats
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Push Button Start-S2000 Button

Engine
QTP Dual electric cut outs
Steeda CAI
MAC Axleback mufflers

That is the list off the top of my head...Im not sure what to do.....What is everyones take?Here are some pictures of my ride...

<br>

<br>

Old 01-03-2008, 04:08 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What would you pay for my car?or should I part it out and sell the parts?

Nice car...why you getting rid of it?
Old 01-03-2008, 04:16 PM
2nd II None
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What would you pay for my car?or should I part it out and sell the parts?

a litttle bit has to do with financial reasons and the other has to do with not being able to have any passengers since my family is starting to grow
Old 01-03-2008, 04:18 PM
S19706
2nd Gear Member

Dude, Part it out then trade it in cause your never gonna get even close to what your first poll number is!
Somebody would have to know the car with all its got to give you what you want and others will think its just been beat on.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:21 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

I would part it out. You can always get more money out of it that way, unless you find someone who is looking for a car with things already done to it.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:29 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

part it out.

ill take the gt500 chin and the eleanor grill =]
Old 01-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Tri C
1st Gear Member

Your mods are worthless (or worse, they may actually decrease the value) on a trade. My suggestion is to price the vehicle realistically (below your poll numbers) for a private party sale. If that fails, sell what you can and return the vehicle to as close to stock condition before trying to trade it in.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:55 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tri C

Your mods are worthless (or worse, they may actually decrease the value) on a trade. My suggestion is to price the vehicle realistically (below your poll numbers) for a private party sale. If that fails, sell what you can and return the vehicle to as close to stock condition before trying to trade it in.
Very well said.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:22 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

do you work at that shop where pics were taken? If so, what lift kit is on the truck in third pic? That thing looks awesome!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:10 PM
07MustangGT_girl
2nd Gear Member

Dude, love your car. Well, of course I do...it looks kinda like mine! I must say I love those rims, they look tight.

Oh, and what to sell it for? You probably don't want to know. Seriously, probably like low $20ks. Sad, I know but that's just the reality of it.

+1 to buying your eleanor grille if you decide to part it out

Quick Reply: What would you pay for my car?or should I part it out and sell the parts?