Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few Comments on Mods C&L Intake/Tune, Hurst Shifter..P.S. WTB SLP

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:55 AM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Default Few Comments on Mods C&L Intake/Tune, Hurst Shifter..P.S. WTB SLP

Well, just wanted to make a post and say thanks to this great forum I almost got this car the way it should have came stock. This place is just great to get opinions "use that search function", and see whats been done, and how to do it. I was even able to buy my Hurst shifter at a great rate from Stage4 (great doing business with). Just a few comments on the 2 mods I've done and a shameless plug, looking to buy a SLP Loudmouth.

C&L Intake/Tune from Brenspeed.

I would go with C&L all the way, if your looking for quality and it with the finish on the tubing it almost matches the stock look...looks like it belongs there. As far as the tune goes, I haven't tested any other tune, but Brenspeed got my order out the same day and I have had zero issues with pinging or any CEL code...I do only get about 15mpg though, either I have a lead foot, the engine is still breaking in, or the 93 tune sure is aggressive. In any case defiantly was NIGHT/DAY, everyone should buy a Intake/Tune with their mustang it is 101, just like when guys buy motorcycles thats usually the first thing we all do...**** I picked up my Harley the 1st day with pipes, intake, canned tune already installed and after 1k had it dyno tuned.

Hurst Shifter

I've only had this about 2 days...Install [:@] got the stock one out, bolts out easy, spent like 30mins trying to get the damn hurst through the hole...then my neighbor pulls up and I ask him for some help, he flips it around top side goes where it needed to go in like 5 secs...WTF...have a helper with you installing it...really could have been a 45min job with some help in that area. Anyway went in great...Very notchy, but I don't have any issues getting into any of the gears and I can row through all of them in like 1-2 secs...It does require some more effort to get it into gear, but its very FIRM and Postive, nothing ridcolous, but in shifting fast I would prefer Firm Postive, Hearing that Click into gear. I like it alot and it looks just cool. I did use lock washers on the allen nuts, and lockwashers/nuts on the other end, hope I have no handle problems, but I hear no vibrating or w/e now. I do however hear more transmission noise on acceleration, but I like that, reminds me of my Harley you can hear the transmission and all at idle and accelerating on a motorcycle...sounds cool...to hear that same type of thing, obviously to a lesser note, on the car.

SLP Loudmouth WTB

If anyone has a pair of these and has either got an H pipe X pipe and find them to loud, or just thinks they are to loud stock let me know. I plan on keeping my exhaust pretty much stock for a good while, and from doing some research these seem to be a killer combo for an all stock or mostly stock exhaust...I think after these I'll be done on performance mods for awhile...

Planned Interior/Exterior Appearance Mods

Roush Billet Pedals with Dead Pedal,

How do you guys like these? Any issues with the 3m tape on the accelerator pedal, seems they all require that?

Louvers Silverhorse

Any idea how much these will cost to get installed, or is it feasible for the home mechanic to do it...I really like how they blend seamlessly into the body, keep the stock gap line like the window...just looks bad ***.

P.S. I hear the old school louvers actually lifted up, kind of like on a latch, so you could clean the mirror, obviously the one I'm looking at is a one piece, so it doesn't matter, but how come they don't make this style anymore?

18 Inch Fooze Chrome or Black Chrome Rims

Any opinions on a Black/Black GT, I'm not going for the pure all out black look, but they look nice, but at the same time, chrome jumps out...Also any sizing suggestions for the tires...I want a blend of performance and looks, maybe 255s?

Thanks...man this car is going to keep me broke...especially with the gas! lol
Old 01-05-2008, 12:05 PM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Few Comments on Mods C&L Intake/Tune, Hurst Shifter..P.S. WTB SLP

[8D]
Old 01-05-2008, 12:21 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Few Comments on Mods C&L Intake/Tune, Hurst Shifter..P.S. WTB SLP

Many people have installed the SHR louvers themselves. I didn't want to mess with it and possibly hurt my car. I talked my dealership's body shop into doing it for $80. Most pay between $100 and $150.