Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled over for a license plate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:17 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Pulled over for a license plate?

If you want it get it...I wouldn't pull you over for it. That plate is not PC for a stop so it won't increase the amount of times you get stopped. Contrary to popular belief Cops do have sense of humors and most of us are pranksters ourselves
Old 01-05-2008, 07:26 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Any thoughts? Will somehow attract police if I get this tag?
75/25 chance you will IMO
Its solely your choice brother. If a cop pulls you over for what you have legally on your tag then he/she is the one breaking the law and should not be an officer of the law to which they swore to uphold. This is a fact and is undisputable. Its cops like that who give honest cops a bad name. Period! I would lmao if I saw that tag ride by me, I do ever time I see one different or witty. It's not that you me or anyone means anything by those kinds of tags, its being clever. Because of the way this world is and SOME people in itr you will probably get hassled for it and thats a fact but that does not make it right. I like it but if you are ready to deal with the jerks then get it. If you know you will not be able to handle the mess you may get from it than just pick another one,

I knew a guy a few years ago who honest to god had ARESTME on his tag here in Maryland. He had a spankin brand new red vet at the time (like maybe 88 or so) with red BBS wheels and it was soooo sick looking. Not once did he get arrested for having that on his tag. However he did mention he got some unfriendly stares from a few cops but each time he said he noticed it he was on a trip out of town at the time. He also mentioned that more than a little bit some cops would tell him that it was a funny tag. Post a pic of what ever tag you get. I would love to see what you go with in the end.

Good luck
Old 01-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Cubs17
3rd Gear Member

I'm a police officer, and if I saw that I would honestly just laugh. Since I dont have a "quota" to fill, I wouldn't be worried about it lol. Most places dont have quotas, at least in North Carolina.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:56 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

I think its funny that you think the cops might ticket you because of the plate, yet here in Maryland (front and rear plate state) the local and state cops look the other way when vette owners drive without a front plate on the car. Try that with a Mustang and you'll get stopped. My opinion, no matter how "nice " they are, all cops deep down inside are jerks. Its the personality trait that led them to being cops in the first place. Power trips with a pay check. My sister's a cop, and the only reason I'm not a cop is because my level of "jerkness" even exceeds that of a cop. They all get to drive down the highway at 85 mph, and when they're on the night shift they either are sleeping in the car behind a strip mall or watching tv/dvd thats plugged into the dashboard. Of course the best job benefit is they get to marry strippers.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:59 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

Their not going to just pull you over for that license plate, BUT if you are only going about 4 or so over or do something little then they will bust you if they see that plate [&:]
Old 01-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

Why ask for trouble -- there's always a reason to be pulled over.......
i sure would not get that plate here in NJ.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:16 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShadyNinja

What site is that?
Old 01-05-2008, 08:28 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

I think its funny that you think the cops might ticket you because of the plate, yet here in Maryland (front and rear plate state) the local and state cops look the other way when vette owners drive without a front plate on the car. Try that with a Mustang and you'll get stopped. My opinion, no matter how "nice " they are, all cops deep down inside are jerks. Its the personality trait that led them to being cops in the first place. Power trips with a pay check. My sister's a cop, and the only reason I'm not a cop is because my level of "jerkness" even exceeds that of a cop. They all get to drive down the highway at 85 mph, and when they're on the night shift they either are sleeping in the car behind a strip mall or watching tv/dvd thats plugged into the dashboard. Of course the best job benefit is they get to marry strippers.
Heh. Very funny. I'll bet if you put that on a plate, it'd get you pulled over and then some.

In the 1980s a VW Golf passed me on the way to South County Courthouse. It bore plate
22348A
the California Vehicle Code section for speed violation. Did I get that number right? Been a while. Also heard tell of a plate
10 50 BOY
the numbers are scanner-speak for "crazy person". Did I get that number right? Been a while.

Edit: Let me add a favorite story from the early years of ECO(logical) plates: The Denver smart Aleck who got plate
NONE
and every time an officer wrote a ticket on a car without plates, it went into this guy's account. Beware the Law of Unforseen Consequences.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:45 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I like original vanity plates......I like the personalization they add to the car.....

But "TIKET ME" ? I don't thinkI like it.......

maybe "SPANKME".......[8D]
Old 01-05-2008, 08:55 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

EAT ME

Quick Reply: Pulled over for a license plate?