Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why you should only own ford under warranty!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default RE: This is why you should only own ford under warranty!

ORIGINAL: mustangsally07

ummmm... because i just bought it! and i didnt say i was sick of it! as soon as the camaro's are out trust it me it will be gone and i will have a camaro unless somethen comes up that i dont know about which hopefully nothing does...
Yea, we all know Chevys NEVER have a problem. I'll tell you this, I'm 62 years old and have owned a lot of different cars. The most troublesome cars I ever owned were GM cars. My present car, an '06 GT 'vert is by far one of the most trouble free cars I have ever had.

Look, maybe I just had bad luck with GM, but I used to be pure Chevy/GM and I had a lot of problems, big & small with all ofthem. My last GM car, a 1978 Firebird Trans Am made me a Ford man. If you hate your Mustang that much, by all means, get rid of it. Good luck with the Camaro.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:43 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

LMAO..

i've owned a 2002 Trans Am that only had 30K when I sold it last year.

I take it you've never actually owned a F-Body?

- 6 feet of thin plastic minivan dashboard.
- Everything in the interior breaks when you touch it more than twice during ownership.
- Passenger side floorboard hump with nothing under it.
- EVERYTHING rattles.
- Window motors go out at 20K miles.
- Rotors go out at 15K miles.
- Headlight motors on the Bird SLAM down and eventually strip the gears.
- and so, so much more that goes wrong.....

they did the car a favor by putting it out of it's misery, hopefully the 09 won't be as shameful.

and PS: if everyone and their grandma had a Camaro, then they would have never stopped making them, unless of course you live in the backwoods of Mississippi? The Catfish styling is a big hit with the mullet-sporting Nascar fans since it has a little bowtie on it. [&:]
Old 01-06-2008, 09:44 PM
mustangsally07
1st Gear Member

i never said i hated it! idk where you and the other guy is getting that from. i just found it crazy and was wondering if anyone else was having alot of problems. i just bought it 3 months ago.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:52 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

All cars have little problems(including imports),take it to the dealer and let them fix it. My door handle did the same thing. FIXED. The dash lights went out. FIXED. The clunk in the back is probably the tailpipe hitting the panhard bar. BIG DEAL.The dealer can adjust it.And if you thinkthe new Camaro(WHEN IT FINALLY COMES OUT)is not going to have "nick nack"problems your crazy.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:01 PM
mustangsally07
1st Gear Member

yea i know but its still annoying with only 4,600 miles. i never said the new camaro wont.... i should have listen to my dad and uncle save my money a little more and buy a corvette. my uncle has a 2006 c6 z06 and my dad has the 2008 corvette.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:01 PM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

The Mustang has a better quality rating then toyota did last year. Camaro's will be overpriced when they come out and will have just as many if not more problems with its first year of production.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:04 PM
mustangsally07
1st Gear Member

yea most cars do with the first year production but my car isnt the first year production!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

Sally, Sally, Sally,.....just go get it fixed, dayum gurl. My 89 IROC was cool as all get out, but it was a farm tractor compared to the s197.

Oh yea,............and my brand new 08 Silverado with only 2200 miles, has a broken gas gauge. Minor inconvience right? Well now the remote start won't work, because the truck thinks it is outa gas! So I calmly took it in, and that was three weeks ago, I am still waiting on parts.

So my point is they all have some problems, sometimes, or just go geta lexus.

Good Luck[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 01-06-2008, 10:12 PM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

The Corvette has a age Min. of 55+ to buy one, and is still a Chevy. I hear Hyundai has a good warranty.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangsally07

yea most cars do with the first year production but my car isnt the first year production!
Sounds to me your a Big gm fan. So how about you do this, sell the mustang cuz all ur doing is complaining about it and how you will never own a ford under warrenty. All cars will have problems no matter what brand it is. But come on man you sound like a 2 year old and all ur doing is whine whine whine and say oooo if the new camaro comes out im gonna get that or i would have got that. What you think that car is gonna be perfect when it comes out Hell No! its gonna have mad problems for being a new car. So just do us a favor quit with the whine and sell it and go buy a trans am or camaro! F***

Quick Reply: This is why you should only own ford under warranty!